- Dundrum Town Centre: Irish Shopping in the Twenty First Century. Parker, Tony // European Retail Digest;Spring2006, Issue 49, p39
The article features the Dundrum Town Centre in Ireland. It is indicative of the retail changes that are taking place in the Irish economy. The Town Centre is built in two phases, phase one includes covered shopping areas, offices, housing units, multiplex cinema, community theatre, restaurants...
- Shopping the Biggest Mall of Them All. Gellers, Stan // DNR: Daily News Record;8/18/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p130
Evaluates the Mall of America shopping mall in Bloomington, Minnesota. People traffic in the mall; Style of young couples in shopping; His and hers stores located in the mall.
- Tills ring the competition. Morrison, Adrian // Estates Gazette;6/7/2003, Issue 323, p78
Assesses that Glasgow's position as the top Scottish city for shopping could be undermined by smaller towns around it. Details on London & Regional's proposed Antonine shopping center at Cumbernauld; Major attractions of Glasgow; Proposed or recently completed retail schemes in south-west Scotland.
- Holiday Shoppers Going Online. // Wireless Week;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p14
Provides information on online sales and shopping as of December 16, 2002 in the U.S. Increase in online holiday shopping and retail sales; Forecast on the growth of online sales.
- The Importance of Entertainment in the Shopping Center Experience: Evidence from Singapore. Ibrahim, Muhammad F.; Wee, Ng C. // Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management;Sep-Dec2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p239
Executive Summary. The existence of entertaining shopping experiences has been previously investigated, nevertheless few studies have thoroughly examined the factors that induce these experiences. Using a sequential mixed method design, involving a qualitative and quantitative sequence, this...
- Top 50 shopping malls. // Business News New Jersey;11/01/99, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p32
Lists the top largest shopping malls in New Jersey according to gross leasable area as of November 1, 1999. Includes Westfield Shoppingtown; Freehold Raceway Mall; Woodbridge Center; Willowbrook Mall.
- Shoppers jingle cash register bells. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/28/94, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the holiday shopping conditions among Chicago-area stores. Shopper preferences; Comparison of 1993 and 1994 sales volumes; Effect on parking lot capacity; Comments by area retailers.
- Repeat business. // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p54
Reports on the results of a study on shopping experiences of consumers in the United States. Percentage of shoppers who have had negative shopping experiences; Percentage who purchase something once in a store.
- As clothing jumps off racks retailers see happy holiday. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/96, Vol. 88 Issue 245, p8
Presents information on the expected sales of the retail industry in the United States (U.S.) for the 1996 holiday season. Details on children's choices for Christmas; Economic conditions in the (U.S.); Comments from Tracy Mullin, president of the National Retail Federation; Popularity of...
- Wal-Mart makes two moves in the Golden State. // DSN Retailing Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p4
Reports on the opening of CityPlace, a multi-use shopping center development in Long Beach, California anchored by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Features of the urban center; Tenants.