DFS: ready to take on the might of Scotland
- DFS growth races ahead. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p3
Reports on the acceleration of sales growth at the furniture manufacturer DFS in the 23 weeks to January 6, 2000.
- DFS sees 3% winter growth. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;4/26/2002, Issue 5284, p3
Reports the increase in the sales of DFS over the winter period. Percentage of sales increase; Factors contributing to the increase in sales; Expansion plans.
- Asia boosts Q1 sales for DFS. // Duty-Free News International;May2014, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on the financial performance of the travel retailer DFS Group during the first quarter of 2014 which was supported by tourism development in Asia.
- Retailers: DFS retains its top position on sales list. // Duty-Free News International;Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that DFS Group Ltd. achieved robust double-digit sales growth to an estimated 5.4 billion dollars for the full year and retained its position as the world's largest travel retailer.
- Promising results at Abu Dhabi. // Duty-Free News International;May2014, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p27
The article presents the views of Gavin McKechnie, vice-president of the Abu Dhabi International airport, on financial performance of a beauty store Fragrances opened by the travel retail firm DFS Group and mentions the DFS Group's Masters of Fragrances event to be held in June 12, 2014.
- Fighting talk from Lord Kirkham after DFS dip. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p5
Reports on the decline in the corporate profits of DFS Group Ltd. in Great Britain. Increase in competition within the furniture business; Turnover rates among sales staff; Delay in the business expansion.
- Winter sale blamed for DFS profits warning. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p5
Reports on a warning issued by British furniture company DFS that a fall in orders over the winter 2003 sale will lead to a drop in pre-tax profits. Orders in the nine weeks ended January 31, 2004; Impact of more competition from entrants to the upholstery market; Outlook for British consumer...
- LVMH profits soar 59%. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/21/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 56, p2
Reports on the 59 percent rise in 1999 first-half profit at LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. Improved climate in Asia for luxury goods; Investment program; Sephora's campaign strategy for the United States; Net profits at Christian Dior; Performance of DFS.
- DFS loses bid in Hong Kong. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/21/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 95, p16
Reports that DFS, the world's largest operator of duty-free shops with a concentration in Pacific Rim markets, has lost its bid for two duty-free concessions at Hong Kong's new international airport.