- Government tells BT to start broadband price ball rolling. // Professional Engineering;10/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p13
Reports the notion of the British government to lower the broadband price charges of British Telecommunications. Demand for high-speed internet access; Introduction of broadband services to the mass market; Functionality of broadband system.
- BT trials new broadband in Wales. // Utility Week;7/5/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the trial being made by British Telecom to a broadband transmission by radio in Wales. Benefit offered by the technology; Information on how the trial is being conducted; Purpose of the trial.
- BT price cuts 'predatory', say rivals. // Utility Week;2/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the complaints lodged by Operator Bulldog on the plan of BT company to cut its wholesale broadband prices. Discussion on industrial monopoly; Information on the pricing of broadband communications infrastructure; Financial condition of BT for the year 2001.
- Broadband growth needs BT to split. // Utility Week;2/22/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the report, 'Broadband Britain,' on the growth of Britain's broadband Internet market. Implication of dividing British Telecommunications (BT) into separate businesses; Reaction of BT chief executive Ben Verwaayen to the proposal.
- BT runs trials for wireless broadband. // New Media Age;6/27/2002, p4
Reports on the plan of British Telecommunications to enable thousands of wireless broadband hotspots across Great Britain. Information on trial Web sites it launched on June 24, 2002 in London, England; Number of broadband sites it is targeting; Estimated subscription fee.
- BT tests 'super broadband'. // Electronics Weekly;1/29/2014, Issue 2574, p1
The article reports that super broadband data speeds of up to 1.4Tbit/s are being tested over existing optical fibre links in the network by British Telecommunications (BT) PLC.
- BT reaches milestone of 10m UK premises passed by fiber ahead of schedule. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;5/11/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p13
The article reports BT's achievement of a milestone in making its wholesale fiber broadband service accessible to ten million premises across Great Britain prior to its target by the end of 2012.
- BT drops fibre target. // PC Pro;May2013, Issue 225, p18
The article reports that British Telecommunications PLC (BT) has dropped its plans to deliver fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) to 25% of its fibre customers.
- Broadband's price is lower, so let's sort out availability . Merriden, Trevor // Internet Business;Apr2002, p1
Focuses on the price of broadband access in Great Britain. Reduction in price by British Telecom; Role of government in providing broadband access; Introduction of the third Internet Business Awards.