Ikea is top for profits, says retailers' report
- Global village idiot. // Brand Strategy;May2003, Issue 171, p39
Introduces the bed Gutvik from Swedish retailer Ikea AB.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // In-Store;Oct2003, p15
Presents news items related to retail trade as of October 2003. Expansion plans of Ikea; Expansion of Carrefour; Fuel reward scheme of Metcash.
- Caution: Border Crossings. // Chain Store Age;Sep 99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p66
Discusses the importance of being sensitive to cultural issues when retailing abroad. Arrest of former IKEA president, Steen Kanter in Austria for the importation of salt in 1976; Reason for IKEA's poor office furniture sales in Germany; Views on Internet retailing.
- Casting a line. Kern, Tanja // Home Channel News;7/14/2003, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the plan of home furnishings retailer Ikea AB to sell Whirlpool appliances in its stores in North America. Completion of the agreement made by Ikea with Whirlpool Europe; Target schedule for the launch of the products; Decision of the company for its Frigidaire appliances offering by...
- Ikea brings expanded format to L.A. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the expansion strategy of the home furnishing retailer Ikea AB in the U.S. Establishment of another store in Los Angeles; Goals of the firm; Number of stores of the company.
- Ikea adds third unit to metro New York market. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the opening of the store of retailer Ikea AB in Paramus, New Jersey. Number of stores in the area; Benefits of the expansion for the retailer; Expansion plans of the firm.
- Ikea clock passes more than time. // DSN Retailing Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p21
Features the PS clock of retailer Ikea AB in the U.S.
- Ikea reviews Â£30m media account. Darby, Ian // Campaign;10/10/2003, Issue 41, p1
The Swedish furniture firm Ikea is reviewing itsÂ£ 30 million pan-European media planning and buying arrangements. The home furnishings retailer, which is big in markets including Sweden, Great Britain and Germany, currently uses agencies on a local market basis, but is looking at changing...
- SPACE: THE ONLY FRONTIER. // Motor Transport;4/10/2003, p15
Profiles Swedish furniture retailing firm IKEA. Status of the business operations of the company as of April 10, 2003; Information on the distribution system implemented by the company; Actions taken by the company to deal with road congestion. INSET: The worldwide name.