- what's new. // Housewares;Dec2002, Issue 171, p26
Introduces various products from various house furnishing retailers in Great Britain, recent as of December 2002.
- Welcome Home. Halford, Quinn // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec2002, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p121
Forecasts the trends in the house furnishing market in the U.S. for the year 2003. Increase in the number of younger consumers; Preference for traditional designs; Popularity of 'earth tone' colors.
- Housewares thinning middle. Kern, Tanja // Home Channel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p56
Focuses on the challenges faced by the middle priced retailers in the U.S. Types of categories in the housewares market; Increase in the dollar share of specialty and department stores; Decline in the dollar share of middle market retailers.
- Sunshine brightens up the High Street. // Cabinet Maker;4/30/2010, Issue 5685, p7
The article reports on the like-for-like and non-store sales of homewares retailers in Great Britain that has improved due to sunny weather and weak comparatives from 2009.
- The shape of things to come. // Housewares;Sep/Oct98, Issue 142, p51
Comments on decision by Britain-based multiple retailers to abandon their housewares operation. Cases of MFI, Sainsbury and Dixons Stores; Explanation for the move; Opportunity for the housewares specialist and cookshops.
- Gladstone heads HFPA honorees. // Home Textiles Today;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p2
Reports that Anna's Linens, Target, Lowe's, Lynnens and Century 21 have been announced as the winners of the 18th annual Retailer of the Year Awards in the U.S. in 2003. Achievement and commitment to the home fashions industry; State of the industry.
- On the horizon. Home offers hope. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;10/11/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the performance of home fashions sales in the U.S. Factors affecting the home fashions retailers; Demand for home furnishings and appliances; Percentage of the sales increase of Pier 1.
- Home products. // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p49
Presents news items related to retail marketing of home products. Includes the schedule of the annual meeting of the Housewares Export Council; Sun Television and Appliances' expansion into the Charleston, West Virginia market; Debut of Virgin Retail Group's Web site; Internet selling of Essex...
- June Sales a Mixed Bag. // Home Textiles Today;7/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p38
The article reports on the June 2010 sales performance of home furnishings and furniture retail trade in which a decrease of 0.5 % in May and an increase of 3.3% by June have been recorded.