Blood Pressure Surges During Office-Based Transurethral Microwave Therapy for the Prostate
- Transurethral resection of prostate: technical progress and clinical experience using the bipolar Gyrus plasmakinetic tissue management system. Martis, Gianni; Cardi, Antonio; Massimo, Diana; Ombres, Maurizio; Mastrangeli, Bruno // Surgical Endoscopy;Sep2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p2078
The efficacy and safety of a new transurethral endoscopic device using bipolar electrocautery, the Gyrus system, were evaluated. This system permits rapid prostate tissue removal by endoscopic vaporization with little bleeding using saline irrigation, therefore eliminating transurethral...
- A Modified Technique of Simple Suprapubic Prostatectomy. Moslemi, Mohammad Kazem; Zadeh, Mehdi Abedin // Urology Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p51
Introduction: Open prostatectomy is the conventional surgical treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. The major early complication of this procedure is bleeding. We introduce a technique of prostatectomy in order to prevent significant bleeding, reduce morbidity, and shorten convalescence and...
- How should new treatments for benign prostatic hyperplasia be assessed? Kirk, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/15/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6888, p1283
Focuses on methods in assessing treatments for prostatic hyperplasia. Benefit of transurethral prostatectomy; Treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia; Symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Transurethral microwave treatment for benign prostatic hypertrophy: a randomised controlled clinical trial. Bdesha, A.S.; Bunce, C.J.; Kelleher, J.P.; Snell, M.E.; Vukusic, J.; Witherow, R.O'N. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/15/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6888, p1293
Examines efficacy of transurethral microwave treatment for benign prostatic hypertrophy. Assessment on side-effect of treatment; Comparison between microwave treatment and sham treatment; Impact of urine volume reduction on treatment.
- Holmium laser resection has slight edge over TURP. Tennant, Scott // Urology Times;Aug2000, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the efficacy of Holmium laser resection for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia in New Zealand. Comparison between transurethral resection of the prostate and laser resection; Possible complications of the process; Role of Holmium laser enucleation in improving Holmium laser...
- DOCTORS IN SCIENCE AND SOCIETY. Gingell, J.C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/20/1987, Vol. 294 Issue 6587, p1606
Comments on the views of Christopher Booth on prostatectomy by transurethral method. Tests used in the diagnosis of bladder outflow obstruction; Considerations in the length of postoperative stay; Importance of social services cooperation on patient discharge.
- TURED is Effective in Select Patients with EDO. // Fertility Weekly;3/10/2008, p6
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by researchers in Italy which reveals that transurethral resection of ejaculatory ducts (TURED) may succeed in improving semen quality for some infertile men with ejaculatory duct obstruction (EDO) and ipsilateral renal anomalies. Data...
- Rare and Challenging Tumor Entity: Phyllodes Tumor of the Prostate. Bannowsky, Andreas; Probst, Andreas; Dunker, Helmut; Loch, Tillmann // Journal of Oncology;2009, p1
Cystic epithelial-stromal tumors of the prostate are rare, with 82 cases reported in literature. These cases have been published under a variety of diagnoses, including phyllodes tumor and prostatic stromal proliferation of uncertain malignant potential as well as a malignant tumor called...
- Glycine. // Reactions Weekly;9/28/2013, Issue 1471, p26
The article presents a case study of a 78-year-old man who suffered from transurethral resection of prostate (TURP) syndrome due to use of glycine in surgery for prostatic hypertrophy.