Study Lists LODD Preventions
- Behavioral Health at the Forefront. Gist, Richard // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;5/ 1/2011, p10
The article discusses the Everyone Goes Home Program launched by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) It describes the collaboration between researchers and health care representatives to formulate solutions in delivering effective behavioral healthcare to firefighters. Aside from...
- Fiery Pepper Helping Fire Fighters. // Cheers;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on liquor company Southern Comfort's launch of its Fiery Pepper product by asking its Facebook fans to post stories about firefighters and its donation of 25,000 dollars to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF).
- TheFireStore.com, HERO Energy partner for NFFF fundraiser. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/ 3/2013, p5
The article reports that TheFireStore.com and HERO Energy Shot have joined forces to raise 100,000 U.S. dollars for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) over 2014.
- Pierce to give away custom Ford F-150 for NFFF fundraiser (with related video). Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;4/17/2013, p3
The article reports on the Support for the Long Haul campaign launched by Pierce Mfg. to benefit the U.S. National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF). Aside from supporting families of firefighters who die in the line of duty, the NFFF works with fire departments in the U.S. and major fire...
- NFFF holds Everyone Goes Home Summit. // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses the highlights of the annual Everyone Goes Home Safety Summit held by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- Courage to Be Safe/Everyone Goes Home: A Look Inside the Program. KANTERMAN, RONALD E. // Fire Engineering;May2010, Vol. 163 Issue 5, preceding p65
The article looks into the Courage to Be Safe/Everyone Goes Home (EGH) program developed by the U.S. National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) to prevent line-of-duty deaths. The goals of the program were aligned with those of the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA). Also discussed are the...
- PSOB Beneficiary Designation Form Now Available. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/18/2011, p2
The article reports on the move of the Public Safety Officers Benefit (PSOB)Program to partner with the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation in creating PSOB beneficiary form. It mentions that the form assigns PSOB beneficiary if there is no eligible children or surviving spouse. It says that...
- How to avoid firefighter-charity scams. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;6/13/2013, p3
The article discusses how to avoid firefighter-charity scams. The author suggests checking the status of charities on a number of reliable websites. It notes that Better Business Bureau allows people to file a complaint about a firefighter charity. Information on the National Fallen Firefighters...
- Siarnicki receives Distinguished Eagle Scout Award. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/24/2013, p2
The article announces that the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation's Executive Director Chief Ronald J. Siarnicki was presented the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award (DESA) in recognition of his leadership, commitment to the fire service and dedication to improving firefighter safety.