SkyDigital signs up 1.8 million in surprise results
- Overpowered by Sky Digital's `complete empowerment' offer. Douglas, Torin // Marketing Week (01419285);09/24/98, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p19
Comments on the availability of digital television in Great Britain, with reference to Sky Digital company. Scheduled launch of digital television; Reference to the bargain offer sent by Sky Digital to its analogue customers; Information on a letter sent by Sky Digital to its customers...
- Set-top technology confusion impairs digital's UK launch. // Campaign (UK);02/27/98, Issue 9, p10
States that digital television, may cause confusion among United Kingdom television viewers between two competing technologies. What broadcasters are planning to use; When BSkyB, is launching its 200-channel digital satellite television service.
- BSkyB shifts focus to costumer service. Beach, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);08/03/2000, p8
Reports efforts of BSkyB in enhancing its customer services to improve the average revenues per subscriber of the company in Great Britain. Improvement of Sky Digital service; Provision of customers access to electronic commerce services; Plans to close its analogue service by June 2001;...
- Sky goes over horizon. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Features the BSkyB Group PLC and its launching of digital television service in Europe. Number of digital channels offered by the company; Comments from David Sparks, chief engineer of BSkyB; Other services offered by the company.
- Sky Digital exceeds targets with 350,000 subscribers. // Campaign (UK);02/12/99, Issue 6, p2
Reports that British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC has exceeded its digital subscriber target at the end of January 1999. Total number of subscribers; Pre-tax profits in 1998.
- BSkyB subs top 5 mil. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;05/10/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 51, p5
Reports the increase in the digital television subscribers of BSkyB in London, England. Financial status of the company; Stakes of the firm at British Interactive Broadcasting; Impact of fusing the interactive interests of the business.
- Duff Ideas? Donaldson, Rachel Helyer // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p59
Presents information on the status of digital television in Great Britain. Competition between the British Sky Broadcasting's SkyDigital and ONDigital company. Sales made by SkyDigital; Reason for the success of digital TV for its first months; Advertising campaigns by Sky.
- In Digital Mode. Boehm, Erich // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, p82
Reports on the launching of Sky Digital, Great Britain's first digital television platform, by BSkyB. Features of the digital television; Advantages of the digital TV; Budget spent by the company.
- Sky makes Dolby Digital. // TVB Europe;Dec2001, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p3
Reports that BSkyB has started its transmission of Dolby Digital 5.1 for its digital television viewers in December 2001. Features of the company's Sky+box, a satellite receiver and personal video recorder.