Book Sales Continue Upward Swing for November
- Hardcover Still Up Year to Date Despite April Stumble. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2007, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the Association of American Publishers monthly report for April 2007, focusing on the rise for several key categories including adult and children hardcover books as well as audio, religion, electronics book. Intricately, adult category net sales of the segment were down...
- Big Gains, Losses in June. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p13
Presents a tabular representation of the winners and losers among different publishing segments in the U.S. in June 2004. Adult hardcover; Audio books; Electronic books; Religious books.
- Serial Box Wants To Be the â€œHBO For Readersâ€. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;9/21/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 38, p8
The article focuses on Serial Box, a digital publishing venture aiming to attract readers with genre fiction that is produced as television (TV) shows. Topics include the use of the Serial Box app, offering of original fiction in electronic book and audiobook formats, and statement of Serial Box...
- Audio: The Year Ahead. // Publishers Weekly;1/13/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 2, p19
The article presents book industry forecasting on audiobook publishing in 2014. Publishers Chris Lynch and Mary Beth Roche are cited as part of an industry consensus that both the number of audiobooks published and their sales will continue their significant increases of 2012-2013. Internet...
- Audio Going Online More Than Print. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p12
The article reports that most book buyers buy their products online in the U.S. Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. data revealed that about 21% of book buyers purchase their books online, but many of them additionally shop in physical stores. It also says that buyers save money from online...
- 2014: A Year In Audiobooks. MAUGHAN, SHANNON // Publishers Weekly;1/12/2015, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses trends in audiobook publishing from 2014. Topics include the success of audiobook categories including children's literature, erotica, and motion picture tie-ins, how CD sales have stayed steady as digital audiobook production and sales have increased, and popular...
- News Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;6/26/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the addition of children's and young adult titles by eBook rental solution provider Brain Hive and the launch of Audisee eBooks by Learner Publishing Group.
- Survey Shows Steady Growth in E-book Sales. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 30, p19
Discusses a survey conducted by the Open e-Book Forum on the growth of electronic book (e-book) sales. Purpose of the survey; Information on the e-book sales performance of several publishers in 2001; Details on an increase in downloads of the Adobe Acrobat e-book reader.
- Guest Editorial. Desmarais, Robert; Ford, Lyle // Feliciter;2011, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p173
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Merrill Distad on the drawbacks of electronic books (e-books), one by Rowland Lorimer on the impact of the e-book revolution on authors and publishers and another one by Kristen Kruse on the comparison between the...