How the Stores Did in 2007
- FREE KINDLE FREE HD. // Daily Mail;11/15/2013, p90
JUST BUY A 12-MONTH SUBSCRIPTION* TO
- Independents' Latest, Maybe Greatest, Challenge--Finding Role In Ebook Market. // Book Publishing Report;10/09/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the challenges faced by independent booksellers in the United States. Share of the electronic book (ebook) market; Prediction of Andersen Consulting for ebook sales by 2005; Presence of ebooks on the Internet.
- Horse Journal Upgrades. Foley, Cynthia // Horse Journal;Sep2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the developments of the journal which include saddle reviews, the growth of the writing staff, and the acquisition of electronic subscription or back issues through Nook.
- Online subscriptions offer many perks for all players. GITOMER, JEFFREY // Corridor Business Journal;3/3/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p14
In this article, the author expresses his views trend of online subscription to magazines on topics including the periodical The New Yorker's online subscription offer, the impact of e-readers and tablet computers on reading habit, and cost saving advantages offered by online printing.
- When Pigs Fly: The Improbable Dream of Bookselling in a Digital Age. Bluemle, Elizabeth // Horn Book Magazine;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p59
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience owning the independent bookstore The Flying Pig in Vermont during the digital age of electronic books (e-books).
- IT'S IN THE BAG. // ForeWord Reviews;Summer2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that an independent bookstore promotion campaign "Books Are My Bag" was launched at the London Book Fair on April 16, 2013 to win back avid readers and to remain in competition with electronic book stores like Amazon.com.
- E-book Programs for Indies. J. R. // Publishers Weekly;2/27/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses promotional efforts undertaken by independent bookstores to sell e-books.
- 5 WAYS you can support Briarpatch. // Briarpatch;Jan/Feb2017, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p38
The article lists what readers can do to help keep the nonprofit magazine 'Briarpatch' afloat including acquiring monthly subscription, promoting the magazine to friends and providing a monetary donation.
- INNER COVER. // Bee Culture;Nov2013, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p12
In this article, the author discusses his experience of attending Miles to go trade fair organized by the periodical Mother Earth which is held during Spring and Summer in Kansas and Pennsylvania. He also mentions about the activities at the trade fair including discussion on bees and...