- Of race and racism. Versi, Anver // African Business;Jul/Aug97, Issue 223, p5
Editorial. Discusses the issue of racism in Europe. Declaration of 1997 as the Year Against Racism; Impact of racism; Problems of racial discrimination among Africans.
- Stemming the tide of racial violence. // Black Enterprise;Apr87, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p9
Editorial. Racially motivated incidents have increased 42 percent between 1985 and 1986, and many were perpetrated by hate groups. We need a US Justice Department that is committed to enforcing the law and preserving the rights of all Americans.Black Americans must exercise individual and...
- Colgate's racist logo leaves bad taste. // Black Enterprise;Jul88, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p21
Colgate-Palmolive Co.'s `Darkie' toothpaste, marketed in Asia, has an offensive name and logo, and, prompted by protests, is seeking to change the image of the toothpaste to a less racist one.
- A Rosewood descendant's perspective. Tibbetts, John C. // Christian Science Monitor;2/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 62, p14
Reflects on the Rosewood tragedy, which occurred in the winter of 1923, in which the Florida town was burned to the ground and many of its black citizens were either shot or hanged by white mobs. Reason survivors of the tragedy remained silent about it; Compensation to living survivors; How...
- A deficit of diversity on Wall Street. Coolidge, Shelly Donald // Christian Science Monitor;6/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 141, p1
Looks at diversity in New York focusing on its influence in financial businesses. Details on diversity; Information on racism in Wall Street; Comparison of black and white owned businesses; Details on the demand of blacks for stronger credentials. INSET: The corporate diversity gap-biggest at...
- Black and Latino. Santiago, R. // Essence (Essence);Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p12
Opinion. Describes the experiences of the author, a man of both black and Latino heritages, as he encountered racism.
- Taking our souls? Strickland, W. // Essence (Essence);Nov91, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p48
Charges that America's racist system is taking black men's jobs, lives and souls. Examining the politics of racial war in the 1980s; Impact of supply-side economics on black America; How today's racism is based on a double standard for blacks and whites; Hypocrisy of the Reagan Administration;...
- The recoloring of campus life. Steele, S. // Harper's Bazaar;Feb89, Issue 3326, p47
Discusses racial incidents which have been occurring on college campuses recently; Analyzes the effects of racial equality, affirmative action and racial guilt.
- The D.C. Circuit Task Force on Gender, Race, and Ethnic Bias: Political correctness rebuffed. Silberman, Laurence H. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Spring96, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p759
Criticizes the activities of the Task Force on Gender, Race and Ethnic Bias in Washington, D.C. Probe on the personnel practices of law firms and executive-branch institutions; Recommendation on the court services of judges, clerks and lawyers.
- Thinking About Racism and Our Children. Pirozzi, Richard // Humanist;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p40
Focuses on the issue of racism in the United States. Lessons from the O.J. Simpson trial; Advances in race relations in the country; Author's personal experiences with racist attitudes; Need for parents to teach their children about harmonious relations between races.