- SMS response 'twice as high as direct mail.' // Precision Marketing;2/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p6
Reports that marketers using the text messaging medium are achieving double the response rates of campaigns which rely on direct mail. Data on the effectiveness of short messaging services from the research report 'The response performance of SMS advertising'; Best performing response mechanisms.
- E-MAIL MARKETING. // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p48
The article features several companies providing e-mail marketing services. Walter Karl, a direct marketing firm which provides Direct Marketing Media and Services Solutions, is renowned for innovative marketing solutions and customer service. Yesmail, an innovative industry-leading provider of...
- SERVICES HELPLINE. Solley, Samuel // Marketing (00253650);3/18/2004, p28
This article presents answers to various questions related to customer services. Global Games has a variety of soccer games. These include human table football, in which teams are strapped to poles to emulate the traditional game, and a penalty shoot-out game. Another option is a motorized...
- GET ON A FIRST-NAME BASIS. Haskel, Debora // Direct;5/1/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
Offers advice on using personalization in direct mail offers. Factors to consider in using customer information; Use of a brainstorming session in company in employing personalization; Selection of a supplier for product design requirements.
- ScottishPower turns to text for assault on homemovers. Phillips, Jessica // Precision Marketing;9/9/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the unveiling of ScottishPower's marketing campaign to promote a text response-handling system to keep track of customers who move home in Great Britain. Concept of the campaign; Benefits of the system for the company's customers; Capacity of the text response-handling technology.
- Volkswagen 'illusions' mailshot promotes Golf Plus. // Precision Marketing;6/10/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p6
This article informs that Volkswagen AG is launching a direct mail drive to build awareness of the Golf Plus and explain new features. The roll-out coincides with other marketing activity, such as interactive TV ads, press and poster campaigns, which have already been launched by DDB London and...
- Techniques for terminating spam before it reaches the inbox still
have some way to go. Morris, Peet // Computer Weekly;11/2/2004, p28
This article discusses techniques which can be adopted to prevent spam. In this set up, e-mail is only forwarded when the user informs an intermediary that a particular sender's e-mail is safe. A computer examines the content of an e-mail and automatically decides whether or not it is spam....
- HELPLINE. // Marketing (00253650);8/3/2005, p36
The article presents answers to queries related to marketing. One of the readers asks about ways to use mobile phones to boost sales. He is informed that Incentivated uses SMS and MMS as marketing tools to help companies retain existing clients and win custom. This sort of mobile activity...
- Cosmos signals SMS debut for 2005 offers. // Precision Marketing;7/23/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p3
Reports on Cosmos' testing of short messaging service (SMS) to promote its 2005 holiday brochures and expand its marketing mix. Company's offering of brochure requests via text messaging; Cosmos' plan to introduce direct mail targeting previous customers.