NEW CABLER IN TOWN
- Cable: High-Speed Sales Slow. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/4/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 31, p4
Reports on financial performance of various companies providing wireless communications in the United States for the second quarter of the year 2003. Revenues earned by Verizon Communications Inc. for the quarter; Operating cash flows of Comcast Cable Communications Inc.; Corporate profits...
- Local Ad Sales Recovering Slowly. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p21
Talks about the business performance of multiple systems operators (MSO). Advertising sales growth posted by Comcast Advertising Sales; Rise in Time Warner's sales for April through June 2003; Sales performance of Insight Communications Co.; Impact of the war in Iraq on MSO.
- Insight Ready to Unwind. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
The article reports that U.S.-based Comcast Cable Communications Corp. is close to closing a deal to unwind a partnership with Insight Communications Inc. The deal could bring half of Insight's 1.3 million cable customers into Comcast's fold. The most likely scenario is for Comcast to gain...
- Comcast, Radius link up. // Electronic Media;10/14/96, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p39
Reports on the planned partnership of Comcast Cable and Radius Communications, in an effort to provide regional and national cable advertising sales.
- Public Affairs. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on a partnership entered by Comcast with ESPN for the Black History Month events in the U.S. in 2006.
- VOD:. // CableFAX Daily;8/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 152, p2
The article presents updates on video-on-demand (VOD) deals in the U.S. Time Warner Cable launched a Dodgers VOD channel after taking over Adelphia and Comcast systems in Los Angeles, California. A VOD distribution deal was made by Lionsgate with TVN for Lionsgate's motion pictures. Insight will...
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;8/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 156, p2
The article offers news briefs concerning the cable television industry in the U.S. Multisystem operators expects bills slated for the launch of Mid-Atlantic Sports Network on Comcast will increase $2 a month. The Senate Appropriations Committee in California is to hold a hearing on a statewide...
- G4 Moves to Next Level. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/7/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on the success of G4, a cable television network owned by Comcast, as a videogaming network in the U.S. Number of subscribers as of March 2005; Information on the program "Video Game Vixens"; Plans of the network in marketing partnerships.
- Comcast, SES Americom centralize simulcast. // CED;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the Comcast Media Center (CMC) and SES Americom Inc. have teamed on a centrally-located digital simulcast encoding platform for cable operators in the U.S. Buy versus make decision on the encoding level for cable operators that deploy digital simulcast, a technique that replicates...