LAUREEN ONG RIDING AN 'IMMENSE' STAR
- Mex market heats up for satcasters. Sutter, Mary // Variety;01/12/98, Vol. 369 Issue 9, p147
Reports on the heating competition in the Mexican direct broadcast satellite television market. Pricing war between satcasters Sky Mexico and Galaxy DirecTV; Televisa's scouting for programs at the National Association of Television Program Executives' (NATPE) 1998 annual convention in New...
- Bunny business. Flerman, Daniel // Entertainment Weekly;07/17/98, Issue 441, p53
Presents information on the number of occurrences of events, objects and people shown on cable television network, Playboy TV, on any night.
- Lifetime Leads, But Broadcast Rules. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p57
Reports that U.S. direct-broadcast television company Lifetime Television led the industry with the highest primetime ratings in October 2002 even as direct broadcast networks in the country gained more viewership than cable networks in the country. Ratings gained by three cable networks;...
- Scoring at the store. // Advertising Age;7/27/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 30, p15
Discusses television advertisements for DirecTV which shows supermarket shoppers buying carts full of National Football League stars, including Brett Favre and John Elway. Emphasis on the satellite service's `Sunday Ticket' subscription package of game telecasts; Design of the campaign by...
- Zee Cafe ushers in the festivities, with three brand new shows, this November. // Adgully;11/2/2015, p4
The article reports on the three brand new shows, along with other shows, offered by Indian English-Hindi language cable and satellite television channel Zee Cafe, which include "The Vampire Diaries" season seven, "Criminal Minds," and "School of Rock."
- Star TV to satcast to Japan. Magee, Michelle // Variety;1/1/96, Vol. 361 Issue 8, p77
Reports on Star TV's satellite broadcast to Japan in spring 1996. Lifting of restrictions on foreign satellite broadcasts in the country.
- Another Excuse To Watch Playboy TV? Walker, Alastair James // Dealernews;Jul2001, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p14
Reports the production of the television program Cheeky's Angels by Playboy TV in Great Britain. Roles of the Italjets girls on the show; Spoof of the original Charlie's Angels; Features of Italjet scooters on the program.
- RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE. STEEL, GARY // Metro (NZ);Jun2013, Issue 374, p99
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with the Dish satBox Ultra S7090PVR myFreeview Satellite DTR.
- Playboy picks 'Lover' // Daily Variety;9/19/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 13, p6
Reports the airing of the telenovela 'Latin Lover' on Playboy TV satellite television channel in Latin America.