CASE STUDY: MASILLON MEETS VOD DEMAND
- Thinking Big With VOD. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p10
Presents information on video-on-demand (VOD) services from cable television operators in the U.S. Reasons behind the launching of VOD; Benefits offered by VOD deployment to PrairieWave Communications; Plan of Massillon Cable TV Inc. to launch a VOD service; Date set for the launching of the...
- FNC Yanks Signal in Ohio Towns. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p5
Reports on United States-based cable television network Fox News Channel's contract dispute with Ohio-based cable television operator Massillon Cable TV Inc. as of April 3, 2000. Case background; Fox News Channel's withdrawal of its signal from the cable television system.
- Massillon Cable TV Named 2012 'System of the Year' by Communications Technology magazine. // CT Reports;9/7/2012, p1
The article announces that Massillon Cable TV Inc. has been named as System of the Year by "Communications Technology" magazine.
- All Eyes on You, Massillon Cable! Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;10/22/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p26
The article offers information on the declaration made by Kelly Rehm, the general manager and technical operations manager at Massillon Cable TV Inc., regarding a project to expand the broadband range up to 85 Megahertz.
- Massillon Cable TV Goes Digital Early. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p3
The article reports that Bob Gessner, president of Massillon Cable TV has secured a waiver from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in March 2008 to convert to digital reception all the 45,000 homes his company serves. Gessner needed more high-definition channels to avoid competition...
- FNC, Ohio Op Are Talking. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the Fox News Channel cable television network and Massilon Cable TV Inc.'s bid to settle their contract dispute, which prompted the network to pull its signal off the Ohio cable system. Causes of the disputes; Proposals to settle the dispute.
- A No-Cost Transition? Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on Massillon Cable's free cable-television service proposal. The proposal would benefit the consumers for they would receive free cable-television service while guaranteeing local TV stations that their analog- and digital-TV channels will be distributed over cable. Moreover,...
- INDEPENDENT TECHNOLOGY AWARD: The Massillon PSIP Team. // CableFAX Magazine;Jul2010, p31
The article announces that the Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) Team at Massillon Cable TV Inc. has received the Independent Technology Award from the journal "CableFax: The Magazine."
- Ohio Spat to Arbitration. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p3
The article focuses on the issuance of an interim order by arbitrator Patricia Murphy, which focused on the conflict between Massillon Cable TV Inc. and FSN Ohio concerning their contract in the U.S. It ruled that the conflict between the two companies should proceed to arbitration under...