A&E Network Lets 'Dog' Out
- A&E Network Lets the Creative Dogs Out. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the promotion of the reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter" by A&E Network in the U.S. The show's sponsorship of the concert tour of Lynyrd Skynyrd is cited. The remarks of executive Artie Scheff on the sponsorship are presented.
- A&E Hopes 'Dog' Hunts Youth Demo. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;8/30/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p3
Focuses on the efforts of A&E to change its strategies in television programming through its launch of reality television programs. Information on several programs launched by the company; Target audience of the network; Overview of the television reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter."
- DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p22
Reviews the reality TV series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," starring Duane Chapman.
- Duane "Dog" Chapman. Hamilton, Kendall // Esquire;Jan2009, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p104
An interview with bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman, featured in the reality television show "Dog the Bounty Hunter," is presented in which he discusses the lessons he learned as a vacuum cleaner salesman, what it was like being in prison, and how difficult it was losing his drug-addicted...
- Truth Is, TV Is Not Quite Southern-Fried. Holloway, Daniel // Broadcasting & Cable;3/10/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p18
The article provides an analysis on the trend in the U.S. television broadcasting industry of offering reality shows based on families and situations in the South. Topics discussed include the style of the A&E network of offering loud and big characters based on people coming from the South, the...
- What Price Youth for A&E? Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;11/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the increase in advertising revenue of A&E Network for the fourth quarter of 2004. Information on documentaries and reality television shows of the network; Increase in the ratings of several television shows of A&E; Views of media executives on the impact of the company's reality...
- A QUIET STRATEGY FOR THE REBOUND OF A LIFETIME. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;4/12/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p12
The article presents an interview with Abbe Raven, the chief executive officer of the Arts & Entertainment Network. When asked what she attributes the success of her television networks to, Raven says that the networks have found hits and developed original programming. She comments on the...
- A&E leashes Dog' after tirade. Depmsey, John // Daily Variety;11/2/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 25, p5
The article reports that the production of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" has been suspended by Arts & Entertainment Network (A&E) pending an investigation into actor Duane Chapman's racist tirade in New York. A&E said that they are taking the matter very seriously and that it will take appropriate...
- A&E re-ups 'Paranormal'. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;5/5/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 26, p3
The article reports on the renewal of the ghost-hunting reality series "Paranormal State" for a fifth season by Arts & Entertainment Network (A&E) in Los Angeles, California.