Adrift at Sea
- Century Old Maritime Laws Overhauled. // Australian Maritime Digest;Sep2012, Issue 216, p3
The article reports on the move of the Federal Parliament to pass the Navigation Bill 2012 and the Marine Safety (Domestic Commercial Vessel) National Law Bill 2012 to regulate ships and seafarers and ensure that shipping is conducted in a manner that protects the marine environment in Australia.
- CHINA AND THE PUBLIC ORDER OF THE OCEANS. Norchi, Charles H. // Ocean & Coastal Law Journal;2012, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p197
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including evolution of legal marine regime in China, Law of the sea and capitulation and appeasement to Chinese demands on sea.
- U.S. accession to the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea. Colson, David A. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;2/13/95, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p97
Features the speech made by the US Deputy Assistant Secretary for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs before an international symposium at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., January 27, 1995. United States accession to the United Nations (UN) Convention on the...
- Piracy is deadlier than ever. Wood, I. D. H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1, p60
Reports on the growing number of piracy incidents worldwide. Definition of piracy under the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea; Types of piracy; Political and economic reasons for the occurrence of piracy in piracy hotspots around the world, such as Southeast Asia; Economic...
- Transmittal letter. Clinton, William J. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;Feb95 Supplement 1, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
Presents the text of a letter from the President of the United States to the US Senate on October 7, 1994, requesting the accession of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, with Annexes, done at Montego Bay, December 10, 1982. Request for ratification of the Agreement Relating to...
- RAZVOJ INSTITUTA ZAJEDNICKE HAVARIJE I YORK - ANTWERPENSKIH PRAVILA S POSEBNIM OSVRTOM NA REVIZIJU PRAVILA IZ 2004. GODINE. KOVACEVIC, VELJKO // Comparative Maritime Law / Poredbeno Pomorsko Pravo;2010, Vol. 49 Issue 164, p555
No abstract available.
- THE END OF THE VIARSA SAGA AND THE LEGALITY OF AUSTRALIA'S VESSEL FORFEITURE PENALTY FOR ILLEGAL FISHING IN ITS EXCLUSIVE ECONOMIC ZONE. Blakely, Laurence // Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p677
The world's fish stocks are suffering from over-utilization. The earth's oceans are subject to exploitation by all nation states and very little preservation. Because of the nature of the international legal regime of the Law of the Sea, enforcement of what conservation and management measures...
- Submittal letter. Christopher, Warren // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;Feb95 Supplement 1, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p2
Features the text of a letter from the US Secretary of State to President Bill Clinton on September 23, 1994, regarding the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, with Annexes, done at Montego Bay, December 10, 1982. Overview of the Convention; Benefits to the United States; Why the...
- Status of the Convention and Agreement. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;Feb95 Supplement 1, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p53
Presents an overview of the status of the United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea and the Agreement in Implementation of Part XI, as of February 23, 1995. List of the nations which are parties to the Convention; Countries which have indicated their intention to become party to the...