Forum agrees retail training push
- INTERPRETING THE NEWS. Cavanagh, Elaine // European Retail Digest;Autumn1995, Issue 8, p39
To support its executive teaching and research programmes, OXIRM has developed a unique Retail Information Unit which has, as a key function, the monitoring of developments within European retailing and the identification of significant trends and strategic issues. Interpretation of the most...
- it's a natural. Olsen, Diane // Playthings;Oct2002, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p35
Focuses on the retail trade of science toys in the U.S. Hands-on approach in marketing at Brookside Toy and Science; Response to the customer preference for technology-laden products at Uncle Milton; Product offerings at the Fossil Workshop.
- Consumer data key to category management. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;9/2/96, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the significance of consumer information and education to category management of retail stores in the United States. Transformation of raw data relating to retail sales; Automation of data collection; Pricing accuracy.
- Retail snapshot reflects stability for local businesses. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/4/2002, Issue 322873, p3
Focuses on the stability of retailing in Fresno, California. Decline on the sales of Wilson's House of Suede and Leather; Performance of tobacco stores; Demand for educational toys.
- Pack a Wallop. Patel, Shyama // New York;08/21/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p56
Presents retail stores which offer various school products in New York City. Intermix; Warren Edwards; Peacock Alley; Joan Michlin Gallery.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/02/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p3
Presents news items of relevance to business in Michigan, as of October 2, 2000. Projections on retail sales for fall and the holiday shopping season; Opening of the Patrick A. Thompson Michigan Technical Education Center in Holland.
- The Next Generation of Leaders. Bergmann, Joan // Retail Merchandiser;May2001, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p26
Discusses college and university programs in retail studies. Details on the Executive Leadership Program of Circuit City; Characteristics of retail executives; Universities that offer courses on retailing or merchandising. INSETS: THREE APPROACHES TO TRAINING;TRADE ASSOCIATIONS TAKE EDUCATION...
- Highlights:. // SN: Supermarket News;Oct2015, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p50
A calendar of events for the U.S. from October 22-25, 2015 is presented which includes Retail produce Tour, workshop "Beyond the Acronyms: Trade Agreements, Global Opportunities and You" and workshop "Everything is Connected: Technology, Safety and Transparency."
- Improving on-shelf availability in the retail sector (or cash in the bank). // Operations Management (1755-1501);2011, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p3
The article offers information on the workshop regarding the improvement of on-shelf availability in the retail sector hosted by the Institute of Operations Management (IOM) on March 15, 2011 in Cowley, England.