- Stores of learning. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p30
Features ASDA, a retail stores in Great Britain. Use of innovative recruitment methods; Emphasis of the training and developments; Inclusion of the performance management. INSET: ASDA FACTFILE.
- John Lewis kicks off staff search. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2010, Issue 5687, p6
The article announces the move of John Lewis to recruit for new staff for its new store in Croydon, England.
- Staffing challenges for seasonal pop-up shops. Coitell, Coljn // Recruiter;11/2/2011, p5
The article reports on the challenges over employing seasonal pop-up shops, particularly during Christmas season, in Great Britain.
- Farmer Jack to employ 150. Bridgeforth Jr., Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;02/08/99, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p25
Reports that Farmer Jack is planning to employ about 150 individuals in its new store at the Washington Township in Macomb County, Michigan.
- Stores fight to find holiday help. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/14/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p1
Presents information on the efforts of stores in Las Vegas, Nevada to recruit more employees for the holidays in 2005. Criticism of Citibank recruiters; Addition of employee positions by Las Vegas Valley retailers from September to December 2004; Influence of wages on recruitment.
- New Dunelm Store in London. // Cabinet Maker;3/30/2012, Issue 5781, p8
The article announces that Homewares retailer Dunelm Mill has decided to open a new store in the iconic red brick factory, Aladdin Tower, on Western Avenue, Greenford, London, which will be the 125th addition to the company's portfolio and will create over 95 jobs for the area.
- Innovative local scheme attracts untapped talent. // Personnel Today;11/11/2003, p4
An innovative new scheme is helping unemployed people into jobs at the flagship John Lewis store in London's Oxford Street in England. A link-up between the store and Reed in Partnership â€” part of the Reed training and recruitment group â€” has helped North London residents who had...
- Target's southeast side fulfillment center on track. // Inside Tucson Business;2/2/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p5
The article reports on the delay of the opening of the 900,000 square-foot online fulfillment center of retailer Target Corp. due to economic conditions in Tucson, Arizona. Target did not confirm the actual number of employees it intended to hire for the center. The company plans to retrench 500...
- Briefs. // Display & Design Ideas;Mar2003, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p8
Presents news briefs related to retail stores in the U.S. as of March 2003. Announcement made by Cincinnati-based Federated Department Stores Inc. about the consolidation of its Rich's and Macy's stores in Atlanta, Georgia; Plans of Atlanta, Georgia-based The Home Depot Inc. for adding several...