Managers on course
- Giving to charity during a recession. Jones, Paul // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/16/2009, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p8
The article offers tips to make good use of cause marketing in a way that benefits the business and the cause. A cause's appeal and its capacity to support the effort should be considered. The option of weaving cause marketing into the overall business strategy must be weighed. The Boxtops for...
- Matching marketing strategies to corporate culture: the parcel and the wall. Piercy, Nigel; Peattie, Kenneth J. // Journal of General Management;Summer88, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p33
Proposes a framework that catalogues a range of different approaches to the problem of matching marketing strategies to cultures. Basis for starting development of an implementation strategy; Corporate environment for marketing strategy; Analyses of experience in practical company situations;...
- Go for the Gold. Guld, Michael // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Nov2008, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
The article offers suggestions on improving sales. Salespeople are encouraged to focus on executing the sales fundamentals and sales strategy and approach sales as a marathon through managing time, focus, accounts, and selling strategies well. They are also advised to practice winning techniques...
- STRATEGIC MARKETING PLANNING: AN ASSESSMENT AND AGENDA. Luck, David J.; Ferrell, O.C. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1983, p206
Proposes a marketing strategy agenda. Benefits of strategic marketing in business management disciplines; Basic structures of strategic planning; Difference between strategic market planning and strategic marketing planning.
- Sales Strategy, Part Two: Essentials of Implementation . Miller, Nick; Wendel, Charles B. // American Banker;7/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 128, p7
Part II. Offers advice to banks on implementing sales strategies. Development of a sales scoreboard that translates tuned-up strategy into performance indicators; Formation of sales activity plans; Strategy-focused compensation plans.
- FEE-BASED SERVICES. Baynard, Jane E.; Benfield, Scott E. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul2000, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p36
Part IV. Explores the financial assessment, communications strategy and marketing testing of services. Estimation of cash flow to assess the feasibility of a service; Development of a strategy to communicate the service to the market; Implementation of market testing; Identification of the...
- Strategy in the post-industrial society. Turner, Ian // Henley Manager Update;Spring99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on business strategy in the post-industrial society. Rejection of the post-modernist agenda on strategy; Creation of value chains or distribution networks; Value chain analysis; Value creation logic.
- Strategic planning processes. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jul2005, p27
Looks at business development and marketing issues concerning the construction industry in Great Britain. Development of a Directional Strategy Matrix; Identification of company-specific critical factors.
- The interface of strategic and marketing plans. Greenley, Gordon E. // Journal of General Management;Autumn86, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p54
While the literature suggests that strategic planning should provide a framework, guidance and boundaries for marketing planning, with perhaps marketing providing some feedback and modifications to strategies, the research reported in this paper suggests that in practice marketing planning is...