- Czech Foreign Trade in Products of the Furniture Industry. Stransky, Frantisek // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p11
Focuses on foreign trade of the Czech Republic involving the furniture industry. Factors that need to be considered in relation to the development of foreign trade in the industry; Discussion on territorial distribution of trade; Kilogram prices in furniture exports; Structure of foreign trade.
- Poland small but growing player in U.S. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
Reports on data from the United States International Trade Commission showing that the Polish furniture industry has made some inroads into the U.S. market in 2003. Total value of U.S. imports of Polish-made furniture; Comparison with China's shipment of furniture to the U.S.; View of some...
- Top 25 sources register ho-hum gain of 1.2%. // Furniture/Today;5/10/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p18
Reports on furniture industry shipments in the United States in 2003. Sales; Percentage of decline in shipments; Imports; Exports.
- Imports likely to outweigh exports in Canadian market next year. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;6/13/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p18
Predicts the growth of residential furniture imports in Canada. Likelihood that imports will outweigh exports in the Canadian market; Growth of imports from American manufacturers; Decline of exports to the United States; Upholstery and case goods imports and exports.
- Vietnam factory tour yields pleasant surprises. Russell, Tom // Furniture/Today;8/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p62
Presents views on the exporting capabilities of Vietnam's furniture manufacturers. Authors' experience of visiting manufacturing facilities in the country with the help of the country's trade department; Business strategy for furniture exporting given government support; Response to U.S....
- Brazil becoming a viable source. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the potential of Brazil to become the largest supplier of residential furniture to the U.S. Growth in the furniture export of the country; Efforts of the Brazilian companies to penetrate in the U.S. market; Factors contributing to the increasing demand for Brazilian furniture.
- Industry boosted by Brazilian government. // Furniture/Today;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the promotion of the furniture industries to the international market in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Opportunity in the furniture industry; Increase of Brazilian furniture exports; Sponsorship of Promovel for a trade mission.
- Laos and Cambodia: Future furniture frontiers? Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p30
The article reports on the emergence of Laos and Cambodia as the producers of furniture for export. According to some experts, the hardwood forests of both countries have already supplied some furniture factories in Vietnam. The biggest export industry of Cambodia is apparel with national per...
- Fire laws and imports top BFC's agenda for 2008. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p3
The article discusses various issues affecting the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. The British Furniture Confederation (BFC) organizes workshops on fire regulations and their interpretation and import/export tariffs. It also highlights the action taken by the government to address...