- Czech Foreign Trade in Products of the Furniture Industry. Stransky, Frantisek // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p11
Focuses on foreign trade of the Czech Republic involving the furniture industry. Factors that need to be considered in relation to the development of foreign trade in the industry; Discussion on territorial distribution of trade; Kilogram prices in furniture exports; Structure of foreign trade.
- Industry boosted by Brazilian government. // Furniture/Today;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the promotion of the furniture industries to the international market in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Opportunity in the furniture industry; Increase of Brazilian furniture exports; Sponsorship of Promovel for a trade mission.
- Laos and Cambodia: Future furniture frontiers? Combs, Heath E. // Furniture/Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p30
The article reports on the emergence of Laos and Cambodia as the producers of furniture for export. According to some experts, the hardwood forests of both countries have already supplied some furniture factories in Vietnam. The biggest export industry of Cambodia is apparel with national per...
- Fire laws and imports top BFC's agenda for 2008. // Cabinet Maker;12/21/2007, Issue 5569, p3
The article discusses various issues affecting the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. The British Furniture Confederation (BFC) organizes workshops on fire regulations and their interpretation and import/export tariffs. It also highlights the action taken by the government to address...
- The export experts. Dawkin, David // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p16
Focuses on the improvement in the exportation of furniture from South East Asian countries. Developments in the manufacturing ability of Malaysia; Assessment of the quality of living and bedroom furniture in Vietnam; Design and uniqueness of Indonesian furniture.
- About the numbers. // Furniture/Today;5/10/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p32
Focuses on "Furniture/Today" periodical's imports/exports report in the furniture industry in the United States.
- WOOD FURNITURE IMPORTS HIT $17.7 BILLION IN 2005. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;May2006, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on the performance of wood and upholstered furniture and components exports and imports in the U.S. In 2005, 17.7 billion dollars of these products were imported, an 11.4 percent increase from 2004. However, exports remained stagnant at 1.4 billion dollars resulting to a...
- U.S. furniture exports grow 6% in first half. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p238
Reports on the rise of furniture exports in the first half of 2005 in the U.S. Percentage of exports categorized as furniture parts; Value of the furniture exports; Expansion of all top ten categories of furniture shipped to the north.
- Poland small but growing player in U.S. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
Reports on data from the United States International Trade Commission showing that the Polish furniture industry has made some inroads into the U.S. market in 2003. Total value of U.S. imports of Polish-made furniture; Comparison with China's shipment of furniture to the U.S.; View of some...