Attitude change needed for online success
- Convenience shopping. Knight // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p18
Focuses on the retail of furniture on Web sites or online stores in the United States. Impact of electronic commerce on furniture retail; Household products offered by EZshop.com; Types of retailers doing business electronically; Advantages of online retail stores.
- Fast track for Asian website. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p5
Features asiafurniturehub.com, an electronic commerce Web site for furniture retailing in Asia. Services offered to retailers; Furniture manufacturers planning to launch the site; Financiers of the industry project.
- Furniture benefits from cyber 'shelf-space' // DSN Retailing Today;4/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p24
Reports on major U.S. discounters' offering of expanded furniture assortment online. Selections from Target, Kmart and Wal-Mart; Price range.
- Seat of power. Thame, David // Estates Gazette;5/19/2012 Retail Supplement, p28
The article discusses the contributions of online commerce to the performance of the furniture market in Great Britain in 2012. It states that the resilience of the market is being influenced by the use of the Internet by retailers to shop for their needs. According to the author, the market is...
- E-retailing prediction proves eerily prescient. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p43
Reports the failure of the furniture electronic retailing industry in the United States. Precision of the prediction from an industry observer regarding e-retailing; Enumeration of the industry's business closures and bankruptcies; Representation of the total online furniture sales in the total...
- Tending growth at Seasonal Concepts. Ellis, Kristine // Casual Living;Jan2009, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p16
The article features furniture retailer Seasonal Concepts, purchased by Marc Acord on October 26, 2007. He and his team launched a new e-commerce site, Seasonal Home Concepts, in September 2008. Acord's buying strategy changed but he stayed with the same manufacturers consumers have come to...
- Weaving wonderful lifestyle Webs. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;9/10/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p26
The article presents the author's comments on lifestyle merchandising in furniture retailing. The author says that furniture retailing has been slow to embrace the Web as a means of selling furniture. According to him, an important part of lifestyle retailing is incorporating a design or...
- Moving on line with the times. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;12/2/2005, Issue 5467, p9
The article discusses the success of the online selling segment of furniture retailing in Great Britain. Stockbroker Numis predicts that online retail sale will generate Â£10 billion in 2005. As technology moves ahead, consumers have quickly adjusted their buying habits. The success of...
- Press for publicity. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p9
The article presents information on the need of marketing for online retailers to boost their business. The closure of the Web site of Place, an online furniture and accessories retailer, is an example in this context. The failure of the Web site to sustain sales lead to its closure. The Web...