- Green Mountain Sites. Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;04/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the establishment of telecommunication sites in Vermont by Rural Cellular Corporation (RCC). Effect of a Vermont legislation on infrastructure development on the construction of wireless telecommunication towers; How RCC established its telecommunication infrastructures; Way to...
- Rural carriers overlay to keep roaming $$. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the actions taken by rural telecommunication operators to achieve growth despite the economic slowdown in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. Launch of single technology overlays; Strategic approach of Western Wireless Corp.; Technology plans of Rural Cellular Corp.
- RCC begins cross-branding. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p31
Reports that Rural Cellular Corp. has launched its first cross-branding effort uniting all of its wireless companies. Television advertising campaign.
- Amber Alert opened to smaller wireless carriers. Engebretson, Joan // Telephony;4/9/2007 Supplement, Vol. 248, p8
The article reports on the participation Cellular South company and Rural Cellular Corp. in the wireless Amber Alert program of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association members in the U.S. The program is designed to find missing children through sending information to customer cell...
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;7/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p8
Presents news on wireless communication industry in the United States as of July 2001. Changes in the ownership of PrimeCo; Deals between British Telecom and MapInfo; Information on the sale of Rural Cellular Corporation's licenses to Verizon Wireless.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;1/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless communication industry as of January 5, 2004. Launch of the CDMA2000 1x digital network in Iowa by Midwest Wireless; Start of the Nasdaq trading of Rural Cellular.
- VERIZON TO ACQUIRE RURAL CELLULAR CORP. // RBOC Update;Sep2007, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Rural Cellular Corp. by Verizon Wireless. Verizon Wireless has agreed to acquire Rural Cellular in a move to expand its wireless service coverage in rural markets. The terms of the acquisition deal are disclosed. The amount paid by Verizon Wireless to...
- Rural Carriers Stage A Comeback. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p53
Presents an update on some rural wireless carriers in the U.S. as of August 19, 2002. Estimated number of customers US Unwired added; Number of new subscribers that Alamosa hopes to add in 2002; Decline in Rural Cellular Corporation's churn rate.
- Rural Cellular Gets a Little More Country. Van Der Pool, Lisa // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/16/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p15
Rural Cellular Corp., a wireless-services provider that targets small-towns in the U.S., looks to increase its customer base in rural markets with a national marketing campaign that debuts from Kelliher Samets Volk. The work includes print, radio, outdoor, direct, public relations and...