- BITS. // Wireless Week;11/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p21
Presents updates on the wireless communication system industry in the U.S. as of November 2003. Earnings posted by RadioShack Corp. for the third quarter of 2003; Net losses of Openwave Systems Inc.; Profits of EMS Technologies Inc.
- House bill would outlaw cellphones on U.S. airplanes. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p15
This article states that key U.S. House members have introduced a bill to ban cellphone use on in-flight airplanes, triggering a rebuke by a Georgia wireless technology firm. The legislation would only ban voice communications in-flight though passengers could still access the Internet, e-mail...
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Wireless Week;09/11/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p22
Presents news briefs on wireless communications companies. Contract signed by EMS Technologies with the Department of National Defense of Canada; Revenue of Paging Network Brasil S.A. as of June 30, 2000; Expansion of Mobilestar Network Corporation's executive team.
- Andrew to buy EMS Wireless for $50.5M. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p27
This article reports on the plans of Andrew Corp. regarding its acquisition of the wireless division of EMS Technologies Inc. EMS Wireless racked up revenues of $28.5 million during the first half of 2006 from sales of its base-station antennas and in-building repeaters for cellular networks....
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Freedom Of Choice In The Wild Wireless Data World. Tyra, Ken // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p69
Focuses on the option choices of wireless communication users. Factors that influenced the increase in communication offerings; Model that can help users access information anytime and anywhere.
- The Time Is Now. Kalogris, Michael // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p37
No abstract available.
- SMS In The USA. Gehrt, Jennifer // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p61
Encourages the wireless carriers in the United States to offer short messaging service (SMS). Advice on creating a robust SMS market in the U.S.; Factor that will affect the adoption of SMS; Important benefit of SMS.