Upoc: Bold, But Will It Last?
- Upoc taps Sklaver chief executive. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p102
Reports on the appointment of David Sklaver as chief executive officer of Upoc Inc.
- Valley firms find Alley's on right coast. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p24
Discusses factors behind the increase in number of Internet businesses and venture capital firms that are establishing presence in New York City. Existence of a vast market for electronic products and services; Explosion of business opportunities surrounding both the city's traditional and...
- Money tight for some Net companies. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the lack of venture capital for Internet companies. Decline in technology stocks in March 2000; Demand by investors for dot-coms to stem their losses and turn a profit.
- An Evolutionary Battle: VCs face vultures, cram-downs and consolidation in an era of diminished expectations. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Focuses on the impact of decision of European venture capital firms to invest in Internet companies on the venture capital firms. Role of the investment in Internet firms in failure of venture capital firms of the U.S.; Companies which took benefits due to crisis in the venture capital...
- Capital ideas. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p27
Reports on the impact of the Internet industry on the venture capital market in Westchester County, New York. Development of software and information technology solutions; Growth of companies receiving venture capital financing; Highlight of the Venture Capital Outlook forum.
- Venturing Onto The Net. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;08/16/99, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p65
Reports on the willingness of venture capitalists to invest in start-up Internet companies. Estimated value of Internet-related investments for the second-quarter of 1999; Decline in nanotechnology venture investments; Statistics on annual and quarterly investments in Internet start-ups from...
- Wanted: Managers With Gray Hair. Baker, Pam // Georgia Trend;May2001, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p99
Discusses the trend in venture capital investments in Georgia. Growth of venture-backed Internet companies; Factors that determine which fledgling companies get funded; Lists of best investment bets.
- Strong online business strategies needed to impress venture cash. Ferguson, Kevin // Las Vegas Business Press;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the need for dot-com businesses to device business strategies to lure venture capital. Misconception that the Internet is an easy way to make money; Factors why dot-coms have difficulty getting venture cash.
- E-learning firms are chalking up venture capital. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;04/09/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p4
Reports that New York City-based electronic-learning firms have acquired large amounts of venture capital. Estimated annual spending on K-12 instructional technology by 2003; Bigchalk.com Inc.'s second-round financing closure in March 2001; United States President George W. Bush's on-line...