Appetite Satisfied, Time To Digest
- VoiceStream closes on Aerial. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and Aerial Communications Inc.
- VoiceStream Adds Texas Markets. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p3
Reports that wireless service provider VoiceStream made its launching in Texas in November 1999. Indication of its play for the Texas market; Plans to merge with Omnipoint and Aerial Communications; Increase in its stock price for 1999.
- Mega-merger Leaves VoiceStream's Resellers Guessing. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the effects of the merger of VoiceStream and OmniPoint to wireless communication resellers. Failure of OmniPoint to give the commissions of its resellers; Challenges faced by VoiceStream over the issue; Views of analysts on the billing and compensation problems.
- VoiceStream Closing On Omnipoint. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the pending acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. on Omnipoint Communications. Comments from VoiceStream president Bob Stapleton; Strategies taken by the company.
- VoiceStream anxiously waits for gov't approvals on mergers. Luna, Lynette // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p5
Reports that VoiceStream Wireless Inc. is waiting for government approvals for its pending mergers with Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. Companies that filed protests with the United States Federal Communications Commission against Omnipoint's license transfer to VoiceStream;...
- PCS companies file merger proxy. // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Reports that personal communication system providers, Voicestream Wireless Corp., Omnipoint Corp. and Aerial Communications Inc. have merged their operations.
- VoiceStream set to become world's largest GSM carrier. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on VoiceStream Wireless Inc.'s planned merger with Omnipoint Communications Corp. Impact of the deal to VoiceStream's presence in the American Global Systems for Mobile (GSM) communications market; Consolidation trends in the GSM market; Strengths of VoiceStream's GSM business.
- GSM gains ground with merger. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p7
Explores the acquisition of Omnipoint Communications by VoiceStream Wireless. Comment from Terry Phillips of Omnipoint; What the combined company can provide.
- Services Stock Sector Steams Ahead. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p23
Focuses on the trading status of the stocks of wireless companies in the United States. Stock prices of Omnipoint Communications and VoiceStream Wireless; Condition of the stocks of personal communication system; Factors that contributed to the increase value of wireless stocks.