New Chair: It Boils Down To Roaming
- Embracing a world of standards. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;02/19/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 8, p72
Interviews James Healy, chairman of the GSM Association, regarding the group's plans for the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) standard. Difference between the association and other organizations; Changes in the organization; Challenges facing GSM; Views on the wireless code...
- GSM: Revolution through evolution. Healy, Jim // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p60
Opinion. Presents the visions of GSM Association for the third generation Global System for Mobile Communications (3GSM). Benefits of GSM for network operators; Concern over the quantity and quality of third generation services; Role of entertainment in 3GSM marketing.
- GSM Association counts 100M subscribers to high-speed data services. // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p48
Reports on the customers of the general system for mobile communication (GSM) data service of the GSM Association. Benefits of the service.
- GSMA, UWCC to work together on requirements. // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on the agreement between GSM Association and the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) to work together for common global service requirements. Comments of Umesh Amin, chairman of the UWCC, on the significance of the agreement to the global wireless communications market;...
- View From The Top. K.W. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p30
Features the GSM Association. Expansion of the subscriber base of the global system for mobile communications (GSM); Implications for GSM of the licenses for third-generation telecommunication system; Collaboration and competition with other telecommunication standards.
- The rise and rise of mobile mail. // America's Network;06/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the growth of the worldwide trend in mobile phone-based messaging. March 2000 estimates of the GSM Association on cellular-based messages; Number of messages per global system for mobile communications handset; Countries that are developing regulatory requirements for messaging...
- India's broadband connections to reach 250 mn by 2017: GSMA. // Voice & Data;Dec2014, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p62
The article reports on the data from global system for mobile communication (GSM) body GSMA saying that favorable policy decisions will push the broadband penetration of India to 250 million connections by 2017.
- Mobilink nominated for Global Mobile Awards 2013. // Flare (Pakistan);2/15/2013, p72
The article reports on the nomination of Mobilink Foundation for the Global Mobile Awards 2013 of the GSM Association (GSMA) for its SMS Based Literacy initiative.
- EU cranks up pressure on roaming. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2006, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on a European Union initiative proposing a standard retail price cap for mobile communications to be implemented in member states. The GSM Association, a lobby group for GSM operators, claimed that the proposal would reduce competition and innovation ignoring the varying cost...