Samsung's Olympic Plunge
- Samsung unveils Olympic package. Creevy, Jennifer // Marketing Event;Mar2000, p13
Focuses on the marketing program launched by Samsung Electronics company as part of its sponsorship of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. Theme of the pavilion to be hosted by Samsung during the event; Other olympic activity planned by the company.
- The Summer Olympics? No Sweat. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 34, p46
Reports the partnership between Telstra and Samsung Electronics Ltd. in preparation for the Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Installation of antennas in tournament venues; Provision of mobile handsets and pagers by Samsung; Availability of free wireless calls to athletes.
- Samsung Fires Up Games. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;04/10/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p8
Deals with the television and print advertising campaign of Samsung's wireless telecommunications unit to promote its 2000 Olympic Games sponsorship. Comments by Sun Hong Lim, Samsung's director of marketing communications; Tagline of the campaign; Details on Samsung's sponsorship pact with the...
- Homebush Bay: Olympic masterplan. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the masterplan for the site of the 27th Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Public transport-driven design.
- Olympics 2000. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p126
States that Sidney won the bid to host the Olympics 2000 because of rechecking and rethinking of the assumptions and estimates on the social and economic impact of the Olympic Games. Defeat by the Labor Party of the Liberal Party; Role of the Sydney Organising Committee of the Olympic Games;...
- Olympic achievement. Murray, Moss // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p51
Anticipates the Olympics Games in 2000, which will be held in Sydney, Australia. Reference to statistics from the International Meetings Association; Comments made by Debra Rustom, the manager of meetings, conventions and incentives for the Australian Tourist Commission.
- Summer Olympics 2000. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Summer Olympic Games in 1996. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p916
No abstract available.
- Sydney promises to stage better Olympics than Atlanta. // Christian Science Monitor;8/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 178, p12
Reports on the plans of Australia's Olympic Committee in the staging of the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Plans to address security and transportation problems; Olympic venues.