Qualcomm, Unhappy Employees Try Mediation
- Cellular agreement breeds options. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;4/15/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p8
Focuses on the agreement between Ericsson and Qualcomm Inc. to implement a Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) for the companies' cellular telephone business in Puerto Rico. Goal of the agreement to end the dispute over proprietary technologies.
- Slugfest looms in the arena of wireless. Wells, Ken R. // San Diego Business Journal;6/12/95, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the competition between wireless communications technologies of San Diego, Calif.-based code division multiple access (CDMA) developed by Qualcomm Inc. and time division multiple access owned Ericsson Inc. and Hughes Communications Inc. Problems in personal communications services;...
- Components: Managing Supply To Meet Demand. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p46
Discusses the impact of component shortages on the 1999 production of the wireless industry. Reason for the component shortages; Production problems suffered by Qualcomm; Ericsson's deal to purchase Intel's flash memory technology.
- short takes. // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p27
Presents news briefs on products and services from the wireless communication industry in the U.S. as of October 7, 2002. Expansion of the wireless Internet service of the Leapfrog Group; Completion of the Bluetooth-to-wideband-code division multiple access voice calles of Qualcomm; Joint...
- Buy-out ends wireless technology battle. A.B. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the settlement of a dispute between Ericsson and Qualcomm over intellectual property rights for code-division multiple access technology. Purchase of Qualcomm facilities by Ericsson; Terms of the agreement.
- In other news. Chaffee, Maggie; Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;05/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
Presents information on the wireless communication industry. Information on the agreement signed by Triton PCS Incorporated with Ericson company; Details on the investments for research and development by Repeater Technologies company; Features of the cdmaOne IS-634 wireless architecture from...
- Old foes no more. Mason, Charles // America's Network;04/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the implication of the deal between Ericsson and Qualcomm. Details on the deal; Implication of the move on the development of third-generation (3G) standard by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU); Information on the conflict between the companies.
- Microsoft pairs with Ericsson. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;12/13/99, Vol. 237 Issue 24, p12
Examines Microsoft Corp.'s deal with Ericsson wherein Ericsson will incorporate Microsoft's Mobile Exchange microbrowser into some of its future phones and will use Microsoft's Windows NT Server and Exchange Platforms. Comparison of the deal with Microsoft's joint venture with Qualcomm; Unclear...
- Australia may add D-AMPS and CDMA to GSM palette. // Telecom Asia;Jul2003, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the service offerings of code division multiple access (CDMA) in Australia. Spectrum licenses of Qualcomm; CDMA network rollout of Hutchison and Telstra; Manufacturing and marketing of D-AMPS gear by Ericsson.