Driver Distractions: Beware Of Wireless Phones?
- NHTSA meetings to address digital distractions. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p26
Focuses on the conferences organized by the United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that will discuss the dangers posed by digital technologies to automobile drivers.
- Predicting bad driving. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr95, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p46
Reports on factors which predict that it is time for an elderly person to stop driving to prevent accidents. Reliability of results of a standard psychological test.
- Tips help older drivers with vision problems. // Ophthalmology Times;5/15/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p70
Offers tips for older drivers with vision problems.
- ROAD RULES. // Scholastic Choices;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p4
The article offers suggestions that can be adopted by automobile drivers for safety purposes in the winter season.
- Rewards of Creating a Fleet Safety Culture. Moser, Phil // Professional Safety;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p39
Presents tips on creating an enterprise-wide fleet safety culture to minimize drivers' risk in fleet motor vehicle accidents. How to make fleet safety part of the hiring process; Steps in categorizing drivers; How to maintain the fleet safety culture.
- Play it safe: Top 10 driving tips. // Caribbean Business;5/13/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p45
Presents traffic safety tips for automobile drivers. Includes packing an emergency kit; Use of brakes safely; Avoidance of panic stops.
- DRIVING DOCTOR. Ripley, Paul // Auto Express;8/27/2014, Issue 1334, p27
The article presents a driving safety tip by keeping distance to those vehicles in front to give the driver more time to react and think.
- Stay Safe on the Road. Wilder, Shannon // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p57
Presents tips for being a safe driver. Physical and mental changes in aged people that can affect their ability to drive safely.
- It's time to rein in this abuse of the system. Hope, Graham // Auto Express;9/11/2013, Issue 1285, p17
The article reports on the need for motorists who take their responsibilities on the road seriously.