Is The FBI Tapped Into You?
- Telecom Act Celebrates Five While Critics Call For Reform. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the fifth anniversary of the Telecommunications Act of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Purpose of passing the act; Criticism on the law; Discussions on the failure of the telecommunication act.
- FCC cannot enforce its own rules. See, Merrill T. // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p16
Opinion. Comments on the enforcement of wireless communication rules by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. Failure to inform the licensees of their responsibilities; Confusions caused to end-users, licensees and potential licensees; Factors contributing to the...
- Farewell to the FCC? // Wilson Quarterly;Winter2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p123
Presents an excerpt from the report `Farewell to the FCC?' published in a 2000 issue of `NetPolicy.Com: Public Agenda for a Digital World,' which deals with the telecommunication regulatory policy of the United States Federal Communications Commission.
- The fight to get on top of your TV set. Munro, Neil // National Journal;4/18/98, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p884
Focuses on the 1996 Telecommunications Reform Act passed by the United States (US) Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Mandate of the act for manufacturers of television sets; Impact of the bill on the telecommunications business; Number of television set industry officials hope to sell;...
- What's In a Number? For RBOCs, Big Bucks. Daniels, Edward F. // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p34
Focuses on the local number portability service offered by the telephone industry in Washington. Ability to switch local telephone providers without changing the number; Implication for competitive local-exchange carriers; Impact of the rule set by United States Federal Communication Commission...
- CALEA And Privacy: It Just Isn't Our Fight. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;11/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p4
Focuses on public interest and legal activist groups that filed petitions against the digital wiretap order of the United States Federal Communications Commission. List of petitioners; Requirements of the order; Concerns in complying with the order.
- CALEA deadline looms. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission policy in 2002 on the implementation of network capabilities necessary to comply with the digital wiretap act in the telecommunications. Significance of electronic surveillance to the industry; Reaction of the Cellular Telecommunications &...
- Broadcasters say more is better. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;07/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 31, p14
Argues that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) should lift the restriction on common ownership of stations and newspapers. Comments from Tribune Company and Chronicle Publishing Company; Actions taken by the FCC in compliance with the 1996 Telecommunications Act; Other...
- A really big disconnect. Vogelstein, Fred // U.S. News & World Report;02/02/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p39
Describes the situation of rural residents who are unable to get telephone service. Impact of 1996 Telecommunications Act; Goal to enhance universal telephone service; Number of involuntarily phoneless people; Problem with telecommunications system; Costs for rural service; Role of small, rural...