Swedish Study: Wireless Risk?
- Industry seeks change of venue in Baltimore RF lawsuit. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/04/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p20
Reports on the campaign of wireless communication providers to have the trial of a mobile phone-cancer lawsuit transferred from Baltimore, Maryland to a federal court.
- Driving and dialing not risky business. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p1
Presents results of an analysis of the risks, relative risks and the benefits associated with the use of wireless telephones, by the Harvard Center for Risk Analysis in Massachusetts.
- GSM Europe addresses public base stations. // RCR Wireless News;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p22
Reports on the good practice recommendations adopted by GSM Europe which will better address public health concerns regarding base stations.
- Revisiting Radiation & Health Issues. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p18
Offers opinion on the concern about the effects of radiation from the increasing number and density of wireless networks. Mistake of cell phone users about radiation from cell towers; Consequence of the efforts of cell phone users to limit cell tower deployments; Analysis to reduce worries...
- Cell Phones and Children. Williams, Rose Marie // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jul2005, Issue 264, p26
Discusses health effects of cellular telephones on children. Impact of the cellular telephones' electromagnetic radiation on the brain; Organs affected by electromagnetic fields (EMF) from cellular telephones; Countries that discourage the use of cellular telephones by children due to health...
- A STUDY IN KUWAIT OF HEALTH RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH USING CELL PHONES. Al-Khamees, Nedaa // College Student Journal;Mar2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p187
Previous studies have suggested a link between cell phone use and various symptoms. Analysis of 3,274 completed questionnaires from throughout Kuwait show a significant effect of exposure to cell phones for burning sensation on the ear, temporal pain, pain in the back of the head, auricular...
- Health concerns threaten timely 3G rollout in Europe. Parkes, Sarah // RCR Wireless News;1/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p24
Explains that the issue of health risk posed by cellular telephone system could delay the launching of third-generation technology in Europe. Highlights of the report entitled 'Health and 3G Rollout'; Discussion on the public health issue facing cellular telephone carriers.
- Mobiles phones and health. OLSEN, JØRN // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jan2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
The article presents the author's opinion on the health hazards of mobile phones and public health studies related to them. According to the author, exposure to non-ionizing radiation from mobile phones depends on various factors including the distance from base stations, the type of phone,...
- WiFi's health risks are fact or fiction? Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;6/6/2007, Issue 2291, p3
The article focuses on the implication of wireless networks as health risks to residents in Great Britain. A news reporter was stunned to see the electromagnetic field of Wifi in a classroom that was three times that received in the main beam of a mobile phone base station. It can be acquired by...