Dot-com Parade: Never Ending?
- Street looks to Net and telecom IPOs for direction. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/17/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p8
Reports that investors and brokers are awaiting the securities issues of Internet companies for a sense of market direction. Performance of the initial public offerings (IPO) market during the first weeks of 2000; Volatile market conditions; Decline of the share prices of America Online Inc....
- Sitting on a bundle. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/23/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 30, p15
This article focuses on Google Inc.'s acquisition plans of TiVo Inc. TiVo's not a random mention. The troubled company with one of the most popular brands in new media is often mentioned as a potential takeover target. According to Cody Willard, a hedge fund manager specializing in teleconomy...
- Unashamedly greedy for success. Hanvey, Michael // BRW;07/02/99, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p42
Presents information on the plans of Australian information technology services company Powerlan to list on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1999. Cash raised in the float to go towards acquisitions; Founder Theo Baker talking with Internet companies eyed for their acquisition potential; How...
- Roll-ups roll through turmoil. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/07/98, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p13
Reports that several construction companies in the United States have consolidated small electrical and mechanical contractors into larger companies and financed the acquisitions by public offerings of stock. Share price of specialty contractor consolidation; Offer by consolidators in acquiring...
- IPOs, M&A In the Air...But Let's Go Slow. Iyer, Savita // High Yield Report;7/14/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p2
Examines trends in the merger and initial public offering (IPO) markets. Factors that contributed to the decline of merger deals and IPO launchings; Worth of the global merger deals announced since the third quarter of 2003.
- Surfing the IPO rolls for targets. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on filing a registration statement to go public as a shortcut to being acquired. Registration process; Case examples; Representation of pick-offs.
- A Hot M&A Technique Targets Mom and Pop. Wathen, Michael M.; Brunts, DeAnn L.; Kreischer, Jennifer L. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on initial public offering (IPO) roll-ups as techniques used by business consolidators that target fragmented industries and merge a number of small companies with a public offering, with the goal of transforming small private businesses into larger, more profitable ones. Overview on...
- The IPO Roll-Up As a Play On Arbitrage. Spaulding, Sean P.; Potter, Mark E. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the reliance of the initial public offering (IPO) roll-up technique on valuation differences between public and private markets to create significant growing companies in fragmented industries. Aspect that makes the roll-up consolidation the ultimate opportunity for the...
- Go public through the back door. Hofman, Mike // Inc.;Mar99, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p84
Discusses initial public offering (IPO). Details on Halter Financial Group; Discussion on reverse mergers as an alternative to an IPO; Details on John Venners of KFx Inc., a cofounder who took his company public through a reverse merger.