CFTC cautioned to move slowly on futures regulations
- Futures transaction tax runs into trouble. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/13/95, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the US Senate's passage of a five-year reauthorization of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. President Bill Clinton's proposed tax on futures transactions; Republican opposition to the proposed tax measure.
- Sunset on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission: Scene II. Horwitz, Don L.; Markham, Jerry W. // Business Lawyer;Nov83, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p67
Focuses on the reauthorization of the 1982 Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in the United States. Cost of the reauthorization process; Provisions of the reauthorization; Speculations on the long term impacts of the reauthorization.
- CFTC outreach panel holds first meeting. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;11/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30274, p35
Reports on the first meeting held by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) in November 1997 to discuss measures to streamline futures regulations. Commitment of the agency to reducing and rationalizing the regulatory scheme; Agenda focus; Members of the committee.
- Terminal rules create discord. Cavaletti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May99, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission's proposed rules on the placement of trading terminals in the US by non-US exchanges. Futures industry executives' reactions to the proposed rules; Provisions of the proposed regulations.
- No future for futures speech? Harry, Alexis // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May99, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p88
Asserts that the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission violates the First Amendment to the US Constitution with its policy requiring individuals to register as commodity trading advisor before publishing information about futures trading. Comparison with publishing of stock market...
- Regulation for the new millennium: Is the CFTC's time up? Cavaletti, Carla // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p86
Assesses the future of the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) in the third millennium. Significance of Congressional authorization hearings to the fate of the commission; Electronic trading issues; Request made by the Chicago Board of Trade for CFTC to regulate the...
- CFTC Approves New Reg Regime for Futures Mart. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;12/04/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Reports on the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission's approval of rules that will implement a more flexible regulatory regime for futures markets. Regulatory framework replaced by the regime; Industry support to the commission's action; Key provisions.
- New performance rules rankle CTAs. Reerink, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep94, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the enforcement of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission's February 1993 advisory requiring commodity trading advisors (CTA) to put all their performance figures in one table. Advisory on rate of returns; Two tables compiled by CTAs prior to the advisory; Criticisms on the 1993...
- CFTC Evaluates Tighter Controls for Settlement. Sisk, Michael // Securities Industry News;7/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p1
Reports that the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission has issued recommendations for tightening settlement controls industrywide. Intended purpose for the federal agency's move; Emphasis on the need for regular risk analysis so future commission merchants truly understand their...