Minnesota governor has plans for surplus, but lawmakers balk
- Minnesota's Surplus Prompts Tax-Cut Calls. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p3
Reports on the projected budget surplus of the state of Minnesota for 1999 fiscal year. How the budget surplus will affect the state's taxation and expenditures; Plans of the different political parties on spending.
- Minnesota Expects $1 Billion Surplus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/11/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34026, p1
The article focuses on the annual November 2013 economic and revenue forecasts issued by the government of Minnesota related to the budget surplus. According to the forecasts, the state is expecting one billion U.S. dollars budget surplus for its 2013 two-year budget cycle due to higher taxes...
- Tough Measures Made Tougher By Memories of Flush Days. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, MID WEST p44
Reports on public finance conditions of Minnesota as of March 3, 2003. Estimated budget deficit for fiscal 2004-2005 biennial budget; Variation in the state's revenue during 1998-2001; Proposals of the budget for fiscal 2004-2005 introduced by the state's governor Tim Pawlenty.
- Ventura Foils Guthrie's New River Complex. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;5/31/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the action taken by Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura to reduce the budget assigned to the Guthrie Theater in 2002. Remarks from Guthrie director of communications James Morrison; Reaction of Guthrie supporters on Ventura's move; State of the project after the veto.
- Homeland Security Advisory Council Update. Fort�, Rocco // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p34
Presents an update on the status of the Homeland Security Advisor Council (HSAC) of Minnesota as of March 1, 2005. New organizational structure proposed by Mike Campion and Dianne Mandernach, co-chairs of the HSAC; Decrease in the 2005 homeland security allocation to Minnesota.
- Minnesota Lawmakers Set to Begin Reconciling Separate Bonding Bills. Shieldds, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p3
The article reports that Minnesota House and Senate are set to begin reconciling separate bonding bills. The Lawmakers are ironing out differences on the 900 million to 1 billion general obligation-supported capital budget. Governor Tim Pawlenty has already expressed his support for a package...
- Untitled. // Education Week;8/4/93, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p33
Summarizes final action by legislatures on education-related issues. California; Indiana; Maine; Minnesota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Pennsylvania; Vermont; West Virginia; Governor; FY 01994 state budget; K-12 budget for FY 1994 and 1993; Percent change in K-12 budget; Highlights.
- State Finances in 1995 and the Draft Budget for 1996. Sinelnikov-Murylev, S. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p54
Focuses on the finances of the Duma state in 1995 and budget for 1996. Law on the budget passed on June 24, 1994; Modification in the concept of macroeconomic policy in autumn 1994 by the government; Draft budget for the year 1996.
- Indiana Budget Plan Keeps Agencies Flat. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p4
Reports on the multi-billion dollar budget for 2004-2005 presented by Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon as of January 2003. Restriction in the level of spending by state agencies proposed in the budget; Net increase in appropriations in the budget; State's revenue sources proposed in the budget.