N.Y. power agency's $506 million deal would be biggest tax-exempt swap
- N.Y. power agency deal is the largest muni swap ever. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;03/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30353, p1
Reports on the volume of New York Power Authority's swap transactions. Pricing of transactions; Total of interest-rate swaps; Issue of portion of bonds in refunding on taxable basis; Bidding structure allowing officials to swap counterparties.
- New York Power Authority weighs $1.6 billion refunding of all its bonds. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30326, p41
Reports on the New York Power Authority's plans to trade all its bonds for new ones. Background information on the Authority; Debt payment scheme; Structure of the new bonds; Comments from industry executives on the Authority's plans.
- Muni Market Set for LIPA, Hawaii Institutional Pricings. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/15/2015, p1
Municipal bond traders are set for the institutional pricings on Thursday of deals from New York's Long Island Power Authority and the state of Hawaii.
- Muni Prices Weaken; $1B LIPA Deal Hits the Screens. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;10/15/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds were weaker at mid-session, traders said, as the $1 billion deal from New York's Long Island Power Authority came to market as did a $748 million offering from Hawaii
- New York Power Authority Enters New Swap Contract With Merrill Lynch. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p3
The article reports that the New York Power Authority and Merrill Lynch & Co. agreed to a floating-rate-to-fixed-rate swap. The swap will hedge interest rate volatility and replace a three-year swap contract between NYPA and Goldman Sachs & Co. The swap is associated with variable debt sold in...
- The Bond Market Association municipal swap index. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p32
Presents a chart showing the Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index in the United States as of May 13, 1998.
- Index-linked muni swaps. // Bond Buyer;10/26/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30507, p32
Presents a graph showing index-linked municipal swap prices as of October 23, 1998.
- Derivatives. // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p36
Presents data from the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 9, 1997. Public Securities Association (PSA) municipal swap index; PSA-indexed municipal swaps; Swap rates versus bond yields.
- Credit-Default Swaps Now Making Inroads Into the Muni Market. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p6
Reports that the growing credit-default swap (CDS) market has extended its reach into the municipal bond market in the U.S. Number and size of CDS transactions; Protection provided by CDS transactions; Growth rate of global credit derivative market which includes CDS.