Scholastic Adds E-Encyclopedias, Door To New Market With Grolier
- Scholastic Pursuing Purchase Of Grolier, Agreement Could Be Reached Soon. // Book Publishing Report;04/10/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p1
Reports that Scholastic will finalize its acquisition deal for Grolier Inc. in year 2000. Terms of the purchase; Details of the purchase options considered by Scholastic.
- Scholastic Agrees to Acquire Grolier. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p9
Reports that Scholastic company had reached a definitive agreement to acquire Grolier Inc. Value of the deal; Significance of the deal; Operations of both companies.
- SCHOLASTIC BUYS REFERENCE PUBLISHER GROLIER. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jun2000, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the decision of Web site firm, Scholastic.com to purchase the reference publishing business of Grolier Inc. Significance of the Grolier acquisition according to Scholastic executives; Estimates of the transaction's value.
- Scholastic acquires Grolier. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;04/17/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the planned merger between United States-based publishing companies Scholastic and Grolier as of April 17, 2000.
- Robinson: Grolier Will Boost Scholastics Profits. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 17, p12
Focuses on the advantages of the pending acquisition of Grolier company by Scholastic company. Annual costs savings; Revenues from cross-selling of their products; Credibility of Grolier among school librarians.
- Scholastic To Acquire Grolier Inc. // Library Journal;6/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 10, p28
Announces a deal between French-based Lagardere S.C.A., or Scholastic, for the purchase of Grolier Inc. Details of the deal; Information about Grolier; Deal between SilverPlatter and MCB University Press for the addition of 130 business and library science journals to its SilverLinker Product.
- Scholastic Acquires Tom Snyder, Torstar Leaves Education Behind. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the acquisition of Tom Synder Productions by K-12 powerhouse Scholastic in December 2001.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;3/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p8
Presents information on the acquisition of children's book and activity kit publisher Klutz by Scholastic Corp.
- Scholastic acquires U.K. marketer. // Publishers Weekly;12/9/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 50, p17
Reports on the acquisition by Scholastic Corp. of Red House Books Ltd. The status of Scholastic as being the largest distributor and direct marketer of children's books in the United Kingdom.