National Geographic Maps Out New Curriculum For Grades 1-8 In Its First Stand-Alone Effort
- INTO THE CURRICULUM. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Oct2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Presents education curricula for elementary school students. Activity and procedures for completion; Instructional roles; Recommended information resources.
- Adding 'DinÃ©' to degree. Yurth, Cindy // Navajo Times;4/16/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 15, pC1
A description of the course "Bachelor's Degree Program in Elementary Education" being offered at DinÃ© College in Arizona.
- Let's Stop Dissecting the Curriculum. Robinson, Evelyn E. // Educational Leadership;Apr80, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p574
Examines the fragmentation of the curriculum in elementary education. Causes of the fragmentation; Educational implications; Need to regain the values of holistic learning.
- Is Curriculum Dissection Truly a Threat? A Response to Robinson. Groff, Patrick // Educational Leadership;Apr80, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p579
Examines whether curriculum dissection in elementary education is a really a threat. Reading development in children; Specialization by teachers in a curriculum area; Teaching of basic skills.
- A "Period of Repose" for the Public Schools. // America;2/24/1912, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p472
The author comments on the 13th annual report of New York City Superintendent Maxwell. According to the author, this report has several inconsistencies including the fact that the report tells people that any revision of the curriculum is unnecessary and undesirable, and yet the same report...
- Can elementary students gather information from concept maps? Marulcu, Ismail; Karakuyu, Yunus; Dogan, Mevlut // International Journal of Environmental & Science Education;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p611
In this study, we investigated whether concept maps were used as often and as effectively in elementary science and technology classrooms as recommended by the National Ministry of Education (MEB) in the new curricula in Turkey. In the new elementary science and technology curricula, the MEB...
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Oct1943, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p53
The article reports on the removal of flat maps and political-economic textbooks in the seventh grade in Utah schools in favor of a course in global geography.
- CULTURAL LITERACY IN CLASSROOM SETTINGS: TEACHERS AND STUDENTS ADAPT THE CORE KNOWLEDGE CURRICULUM. Johnson, Margaret J.; Janisch, Carole; Morgan-Fleming, Barbara // Journal of Curriculum & Supervision;Spring2001, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p259
Focuses on a study which explored the effect of Core Knowledge curriculum content on a curriculum development work of teachers in an elementary school. Information on the development of the curriculum; Method and data resources; Modification to the recommended curriculum; Connection between the...
- History from K-4: What can we really do? Klee, Mary Beth // Journal of Education;1998, Vol. 180 Issue 1, p33
Delineates the scope of a good K-4 history program and evaluates principles and methods of teaching history to young children. Information on K-4 education; Basic four-part formula in teaching history to K-4 level; Transition in history learning.