Hurdle These Five Roadblocks to Move Up in Your Organization
- Redefining jobs & work in changing organizations. Langdon, Danny G.; Whiteside, Kathleen S. // HRMagazine;May96, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p97
Focuses on the value of redefining jobs as part of change management in the workplace. Signs that new job definitions are needed; Elements of work; Role of the human resource management. INSET: Lineman/splicer job definition..
- Empowering Your Assistant. Lombardi, Lana M. // Advisor Today;Aug2002, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p80
Discusses the areas that business owners need to consider when building a growth-oriented environment for assistant. First step in developing another person's talent; Suggestion on developing written customer philosophy; Importance of setting up general form letters and templates on computer or...
- Hasty actions can lead to unexpected reactions. Stuller, Terry // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, pC10
Presents tips on personnel management. Confrontation of the problems affecting the work performance of an employee; Observation of employee behavior; Need for employee motivation.
- MANAGER'S TIP. // Communication Briefings;Apr2013, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p6
The article highlights the need to give employees room to breath and for managers to avoid micromanaging the work of employees unless there is a performance problem.
- THE DIARY COLUMN. FRANCIS, SIMON // FM World;1/30/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p16
The author discusses how acknowledging and rewarding his facility management (FM) team for their achievements generate positivity about the team's performance, improve worker morale, and contribute to a more positive work culture.
- Stop bad habits from spreading. // Managing People at Work;May2011, Issue 350, p7
The article focuses on the importance of harnessing positive employee pressure by stopping destructive communication styles among employees to create a conducive working environment.
- There Is Life Beyond Work. Nelson, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on the ways on how to motivate employees to give off their best in their works specifically when they are required to do an overtime work during weekends. Involvement of the employees families in the recognition of their work achievements; Integration of the employees' family with their...
- Retention of skills by advanced trained ambulance staff: implications for monitoring and retraining. Walters, Geraldine; Glucksman, Edward // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/11/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6674, p649
Focuses on the implications of trained ambulance staff on monitoring and retraining policy in Great Britain. Assessment of cardiac life support skills; Evaluation of the correct treatment for arrhythmia; Compliance with sequence of treatment stated in the protocols.
- Lift listless performers to excel. // Managing People at Work;May2011, Issue 350, p5
The article offers suggestions on how managers can motivate listless workers such as offering an honest feedback, conducting a performance review and providing rewards for longer-term improvement.