Rutgers University Creates Culture of Lifelong Learning
- Decentralization of Manpower Programs Continues. // Labor Law Journal;Oct73, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p704
The article reports that $7.2 million in manpower planning grants from the Department of Labor will be given to thirty-four cities and 161 counties in the United States. The grants will range from $25,000 to $100,000 and will aid the 200 areas formed manpower planning and management secretariats...
- New Changes to Apprenticeship Program. Kaleba, Kermit // T+D;Feb2008, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Department of Labor to update the rules of the National Apprenticeship System. The agency issued a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in December 2007. One proposed change would expand the number of pathways to apprenticeship completion and certification....
- NY offers reimbursment for companies that hire. Bertola, David // Buffalo Law Journal;9/10/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 73, p4
The article reports on the On-The-Job-Training National Emergency Grant awarded to New York through the U.S. Department of Labor to allow companies to hire new employees and receive up to 90 percent of salary from the new hire while being trained on the job.
- Labor Department awards millions to seniors for job training;. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;2/4/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Labor to assist the older people by funding 225 million dollars for job training.
- State awards $3.6M for work force training. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;11/7/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p2
The article reports on the funding by the state of New Jersey of almost 3.6 million U.S. dollars in work force training grants although the U.S. Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
- Bank on Training Through ITAs. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p11
Announces that the United States Department of Labor has made it a little easier for American workers to access job training by providing grants to 13 states and localities for Individual Training Account (ITA) programs. Aim of ITA programs to provide training services for adults; Value of...
- Establishing an agenda for the Department of Labor. Marshall, Ray // Monthly Labor Review;Feb88, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p52
Discusses the establishment of an agenda for the Department of Labor in the U.S. Elimination of many regulations; Development of employment and training programs; Development of a policy of strengthening collective bargaining; Relationships with outside organizations and agencies.
- TOLEDO RECEIVES CEP CONTRACT TO TRAIN UNEMPLOYED. // Labor Law Journal;Apr69, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p246
This article provides information on the approval of a Concentrated Employment Program for poverty areas of Toledo, Ohio in 1969. This program will bring manpower services to hardcore unemployed men, women and teenagers in the city. The Economic Opportunity Planning Association of Greater Toledo...
- MANPOWER PROGRAM GRADUATES SHOW EARNINGS INCREASE. // Labor Law Journal;Oct72, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p648
This article reports on a survey which revealed that men and women completing manpower training programs under the auspices of the U.S. Labor Department show a significant increase in earning power. Findings indicate aver-age gains of as high as 11 per cent for men and 15 per cent for women...