What Is Work/Life Worth?
- How to Be a Family-Friendly Boss. Behson, Scott // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;1/8/2014, p2
The article offers guidelines for human resource supervisors who want to provide more flexibility to their employees to help them achieve work-family balance that include focusing on knowledge work, getting better at measuring performance, and delegating, coaching and letting people earn trust.
- Work/life benefits are valuable, but value isn't measured. // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p29
Highlights findings of a survey on the value of work/life benefits to employees in the United States. Human resource managers' non-measurement of effectiveness of companies' work/life programs; Employees appreciation and usage of programs; Family-care programs; Flexible work arrangements;...
- Total Life Planning: A New Frontier in Work-Life Benefits. Traynor, Jean B. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p29
Discusses the uniqueness of total life planning program as a benefit designed to meet the strong and growing market demand for work-life benefits. Keys to global business success; Number one driver of workforce commitment; Benefits of total life planning program.
- Sound reasons for work-life programs. Faught, Leslie // HR Magazine;Mar95, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p144
Stresses the importance of a work-life benefit program for employees. Impact of employees' concerns at home on their on-the-job performance; Need for human resource management professionals to convince top management that work-life programs are worth funding; Measuring the value of work-life...
- Work-life benefits shedding fuzzy image in favor of hard numbers. Duff, Susanna // Employee Benefit News;Jul99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the transformation of work-life benefits. Findings of the National Work-Life Measure study of Boston College; Cost of the work-life program of Restrac; Purposes of implementing work-life incentives.
- JOB SATISFACTION OF PHARMACISTS IN ETHIOPIA: THE CASE OF HARAR TOWN. MENGESHA, MINTESNOT; MOLLA TIGABU, BEREKET // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p449
Objective: To assess job satisfaction of pharmacists in Harar town, Eastern Ethiopia. Methods: A prospective cross sectional study was conducted using the self administered questionnaire among pharmacy professionals working in Harar town, eastern Ethiopia from Feb 20 - Apr 20, 2014. Statistical...
- WORK-LIFE BALANCING ACT. // BRW;5/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p52
The article reports on the lifestyle and worklife balance program implemented by Queensland Alumina for its engineering tradesmen who work at the company's Gladstone, Queensland refinery. The program included free gym membership, cinema admission and golf club membership for employees and their...
- TOTAL REWARD IN NUMBERS. Fordham, Louise // Employee Benefits;10/1/2015, p13
The article focuses on the latest facts and figures on total reward in Great Britain as of October 2015 including percentage of workers who are most motivated by non-monetary benefits, respondents who do not receive any workplace benefits and employees who have received total reward statements.
- ACHIEVING SUCCESS WITHOUT THE STRESS. Kiy, Tim; Ruskin, John // Training Magazine;May2003, p28
Presents an article on the Superworking course developed by behavioral scientist Suzanne Rix in Great Britain. Features of the course; Benefits of the course to the life of employees; Discussion on the adoption of left-brain thinking for problem-solving at work.