Building Better Bosses
- LETTER FROM THE EDITOR. STOWE, JAY // Cincinnati Magazine;Sep2014, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p14
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including football in Cincinnati, Ohio, football coach Gerry Faust, and the jerseys worn by sports fans.
- HOW TO DESIGN A MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT STEERING COMMITTEE. Headley, Richard A. // Training & Development Journal;Jun78, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Discusses how to design a management development steering committee. Purpose of guiding development specialists in the planning, organizing and implementation of prescribed development activities; Factors to consider when selecting committee members.
- A Management Effectiveness In Manager Development. Raines, Irving I. // Training & Development Journal;Oct66, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p34
Discusses the development of manager training programs in 1966. Complexity of the roles of managers in organizations; Goals of manager development; Innovations in management techniques; Use of integrated team approach; Correlation between management effectiveness and company philosophy.
- MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT: THE NEED FOR AN ECLECTIC APPROACH. Cone, William F. // Training & Development Journal;Oct70, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p14
Part II. Considers the informal, or job-related learning situation which has the most important effect on management development. Indication that the majority of an individual's development takes place on the job; Most prevalent systems for developing managers on the job; Eclectic approach to...
- MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVES: A CRITICAL VIEW. Wohlking, Wallace // Training & Development Journal;Apr72, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the pros and cons of management by objectives (MBO). Management training; Structuring of long- and short-term goals; Guidelines for the effective installation and administration of MBO programs.
- Start with the boss. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Nov99, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p27
Discusses the role of managers in running a trucking service company. How to attract exceptional employees for trucking services; Information on the book `The Gifted Boss: How to Find, Create and Keep Great Employees,' by Dale Dauten; Comparison between an ordinary boss and a gifted boss.
- The Weak Commitment to Management Training. Hubbard, Andrew // Mortgage Banking;Nov99, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p106
Deals with the training of bank managers in the United States. Size of the trainee population of managers; Factors which complicate the delivery of effective training; Element of faith in endorsing management training.
- Middle-Management Training. Hubbard, Andrew // Mortgage Banking;Jan2002, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p108
Recommends a training curriculum for middle managers. Characteristics of supervisory training courses; Components of an executive-management training curriculum; Topics that should be incorporated in training courses.
- Mind the gap. // Works Management;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p43
Reports the findings of the survey 'Developing Managers for Business Performance' from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in Great Britain. View of most senior managers on integrating management development with the implementation of organizational goals; Tendency of...