A `Check Up' for Health Care Costs
- HOT SITES. // RN;Apr2001, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on the Web site of the American Association for the History of Nursing. Features of the site; Research resources that can be found in the site.
- KEEP FIT FOR FREE. Alleyne, Sonia; Morgan, Christina // Black Enterprise;Oct2002, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p179
Reviews the Web site freetrainers.com for the health-conscious.
- How health rumors get started. // Shape;Mar2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the finding that Web sites offer inaccurate, outdated and misleading data about health according to researchers that analyzed the sites.
- Online health info you can trust. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Nov2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p54
Offers women advice on how to determine which health-oriented Web sites provide truthful information. Move by eHealth Ethics and Health Internet Ethics to draft codes of ethics for health Web sites to follow; Safety tips.
- The Cyber File Cabinet. Raymond, Joan // American Demographics;Jul2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on commercial Web sites, such as 4HealthyLife.com, that store medical data and health information online for consumers, and issues pertaining to the control of online information.
- Cybersites. Streit, Rachel A., // Natural Health;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p23
Features Web sites that answer health questions. House of Natural Healing; Ask Dr. Weil; Environmental and Preventive Health Center of Atlanta.
- On health. // Newsweek;5/26/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 21, p13
Recommends the healthfinder World Wide Web site offered by the United States federal government. The site as offering hundreds of health-related sites pre-screened for accuracy.
- WEBWISE. Thain, John // Nursing Standard;4/19/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p36
The article reviews the web site The Auscultation Assistant by John Thain of the University of Wolverhampton.
- Searching the Web. Goldsborough, Reid // RN;Mar99, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p23
Reports on several Web sites that provide health-related information. MedWeb; CliniWeb; National Library of Medicine; Tips for browsing the Internet for accessing medical sites.