Executives Shy from Posting Resumes Online
- Online employee recruiting gains momentum. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;09/06/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p7
Focuses on an employment Web site launched by management recruiting firm Management Recruiter International Inc. (MRI). Applications generated by the site; Middle-management searches of the site; Response generated by employment Web sites; Advertising campaign of MRI to promote the site.
- Secure CV service breaks down language barriers. // Recruiter;5/26/2010, p8
The article reports on the effort of Woking, England-based Recruitment Express on integrating the InvisiViewMedia web-based secure curriculum vitae (CV) service.
- Click here for a job. Brotherton, Phaedra; Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p86
Deals with the emerging trend of creating or using Web resumes for job hunting. Company projections regarding online recruiting spending by 2004; Benefits of Web resumes; Web resume parts; Advantages of creating one's own Web resume.
- What's in a name? Feingold, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;11/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p3
Cautions online job applicants from using extremely personalized Internet addresses, as they may be delivering a first impression that is way too revealing for an employment opportunity, according to Management Recruiters International Inc.
- Resumes' Disappearing Act? Witham, Theresa // Credit Union Management;May2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p34
The article reports that online profiles on businesses and social networking sites can possibly replace resumes based on the survey conducted on human resource (HR) managers by staffing company OfficeTeam. It mentions that 36% of HR managers said that online profiles will eventually replace...
- Going Global Career & Employment Resource Guide for Salt Lake City. // USA: Salt Lake City Career Guide;2012, p1
Each Going Global USA city career guide contains local information to help new graduates, entry, and professional-level jobseekers from the U.S. and abroad to establish a career within the largest cities of the United States. Guides include: online job sites, job fairs, staffing agencies,...
- 2014, the year of the 'passive' job hunter. Fisher, Anne // Fortune.com;1/9/2014, p1
The article looks at employee recruitment and selection as of 2014, discussing trends including employers' increasing use of search firms to proactively seek out possible job candidates. It also discusses employers' and search firms' use of a range of information available on the Internet to...
- The careers Web hotlist. // InfoWorld;05/19/97, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p111
Presents a list of resume preparation Web sites. Internet address; Site operator; Featured information.
- Job candidates make one-minute videos. // Link-Up;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p21
Reports that a New York-based Internet service company can imbed a link into an online resume so that a prospective employer can see and hear a one-minute video of a job candidate. How the technology works; Cost of the service; Web site address.