Remembering a Good Boy
- Distinguished Leadership. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/3/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 18, p65
Presents a list of the past recipients of the Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership in the cable television industry. Ted Turner in 1992; Bill Daniels in 1965; Pat Thompson in 1992; Beverly A. Harms in 1987.
- Teambuilding and Leadership: Why a College Curriculum Includes a Camp Experience. Plemmons, Kerry // Camping Magazine;Jan2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses development of the business ethics and value-based leadership education at Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver. It notes the role of cable pioneer Bill Daniels, university dean Bruce Hutton, and Army veteran Sandy Sanborn in the development of the...
- Cable's Founding Father. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;9/30/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p52A
Presents tributes to the U.S. cable industry's recognized father figure Bill Daniels. Qualities of Daniels that made him worthy of countless memorials in his honor; Establishments done by Daniels; Buildings and colleges named after Daniels.
- BILL DANIELS. // Variety;03/13/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 4, p47
Pays tribute to cable television pioneer and philanthropist Bill Daniels, died on March 7, 2000. Background on Daniels' career; University of Denver's way of honoring Daniels.
- Communications industry pioneer passes. // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the death of Bill Daniels, known as the father of cable television. Career history; Educational background; Achievements.
- Daniels as boxing's Messiah. Murray, Jim // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p14B
Looks at the plan of American entrepreneur Bill Daniels to make boxing as a sport where gladiators and viewers get fair treatment. Creation of the `America Presents' fight promotion; Description of Daniels' businesses and investments; Charitable acts; Efforts to put integrity back into business.
- Lebanon businessman snaps up former factory. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p8
Focuses on the closure on the purchase of a 10-acre site by businessman Bill Daniels in Boone County, Indiana. Selling price for the site; Lack of casual sit-down restaurants in the site; Criticism of business located in the area.
- Physical Architecture for Virtual Immersion Learning in Leadership Development and Emergency Operations. Cowen, Sonia S. // ITEA Journal of Test & Evaluation;Mar2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p11
In 2001, the New Mexico Military Institute (NMMI) in Roswell, New Mexico, received a generous pledge of $20 million from the Daniels Fund of Denver, with a challenge to the Institute's alumni to match it with $8 million. In recognition of the forward-thinking of its posthumous donor, Bill...
- Writing matters in leadership practice. Thomas, Louise M.; Reinertsen, Anne B. // Reconceptualizing Educational Research Methodology;2016, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p85
This is an attempt to rethink, ultimately forethink, leadership as a collaborative process of writing and what we think leadership might look like in the 21st century. We try to move beyond leadership taking into account complex relations that shape emergent processes of organizing and change....