In the Loop
- Info Tech Sites Shape E-Book Model. O'Leary, Mick // Information Today;Feb2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p15
Evaluates Information Technology companies that sell electronic books online. Mention of IT Knowledge, Books24x7.com Inc. and ibooks.com; How all three sites include material on such aspects of information technology as hardware, operating systems, applications software and certification;...
- NetLibrary Struggling As Costs Outpace Sales, Sources Say. // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the financial woes of ebook publisher netLibrary Inc. Sale of Peanutpress to Palm Inc.; Staff cuts; Problems caused by costs outpacing sales.
- E-books on EBSCOhost: Combining NetLibrary E-books with the EBSCOhost Platform. Gorrell, Michael // Information Standards Quarterly;Spring2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p31
The article discusses the addition of electronic books to the EBSCOhost platform at the publishing firm EBSCO Publishing Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that their efforts of acquiring the electronic content provider NetLibrary has given them an opportunity of extending their EBSCOhost platform. It...
- TOP TECH. Kinsman, Matt; Mickey, Bill // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2010, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p38
The article presents information on technologies being used by magazine publishers and executives. According to the article the demands for technology are changing with needs of remodeling of magazines. The article includes technological strategies from several executives including Sunset...
- E-Book Aftermath: Three More Publishers Fold Electronic Imprints. Rogers, Michael; Roncevic, Mirela // School Library Journal;Winter2002 Net Connect, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the decision of publishers to close their electronic book division. Services that Random House offered before its termination of services; Reason of Time Warner Trade Publishing for ending its iPublish.com electronic publishing division; Consequences of the bankruptcy filing of...
- NetLibrary Nets $70 Million in Investment Funds. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;11/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 44, p17
Reports on the amount raised by netLibrary Inc. in venture-capital funding. Book publishers that invested in the company; Indications of the funding; Predicted books sales for 2000.
- NetLibrary To Create e-Textbooks For Higher Education Market. // Educational Marketer;05/08/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p4
Deals with the group created by NetLibrary which provides eTextbook for the United States college and university market.
- THE FUTURE OF NETLIBRARY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Editorial. Focuses on netLibrary, a provider of electronic books (ebook). Status of the ebook market over the Web; Potential benefit of the Open ebook standard to the ebook business of netLibrary; Enhancements announced by the company in year 2001.
- BITS, BYTES AND E-BOOKS. Peterson, Eric // ColoradoBiz;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the electronic (e)-book business of netLibrary based in Boulder, Colorado. Selling points of e-books; Some of the investors of netLibrary; Number of public library systems in the United States which have purchased e-books from netLibrary; Consumer strategy of netLibrary; Piracy issue...