- Books Accounted for 93% of B&N.com Sales in 1999. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p10
Reports the increase in the book sales of Barnes&Noble.com in 1999. Overall performance the company in 1999; Reason for the decline in the gross margin; Activities of the company during the first quarter of 2000.
- Barnesandnoble.com Sales Skyrocket. Mutter, John; Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the earnings of Barnesandnoble.com for the third quarter ended September 30, 1999. Total earnings for the quarter; Sales and revenues for the period; Information on Barnesandnoble.com's acquisition of Books.com.
- Barnes & Noble.com Reports Flat Sales in Quarter. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p9
Reports a decline in the sales of online retailer Barnes & Noble.com during the first quarter of 2003. Comparison with year-ago figures; Reason for the decline in sales; Forecasts for the year.
- Sales, Losses Jump at B&N.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p12
Offers a look at the financial performance of Barnes&Noble.com for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000. Net loss posted by the company; Percentage of increase in revenue; Business initiatives; Rise in operating expenses in the same quarter.
- BN.com Has Sales of $202M, Losses of $102M. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p75
Reports on the financial performance of Barnes&Noble.com in 1999. Revenues posted by the company; Expected sales in 2000; Comments from Marie Toulantis, chief financial officer of the company.
- Barnesandnoble.com sticks to go-it-alone plot. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;9/30/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p25
Focuses on the profit of the online business Barnesandnoble.com Inc. in New York City. Decline of the market value of the company; Possibility of the company to integrate; Competition between the company and Amazon.com; Marketing strategies of the company.
- B&N.com Says Sales Will Hit $335 Million. // Publishers Weekly;5/8/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 19, p14
Reports that Barnes&Noble.com is confident it will reach analysts' sales projections in 2000. Projected sales of the company for 2000; First-quarter sales results ended March 31, 2000; Statistical information on the number of customers that it attracted.
- Golden lost $128 million in '98, seeks approval for reorganization plan. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the financial performance of Golden Books Publishing Co. Inc. in 1998. Decline in revenues; Net loss; Company's agreement with creditors to reorganize its debt; Reworking of license agreements.
- Golden Cuts Losses; Sets New Court Date. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/16/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 33, p20
Announces the success of Golden Books in cutting its net loss for the second period ended June 30, 1999. Revenues; Sales in consumer products; Factors attributed to the decline in the consumer operation; How these declines were offset; Total revenues.