At This Year's BEA, The `E' Will Stand For Ebooks And E-Commerce
- E-BookExpo America: A Taste of Things to Come. Mutter, John; Brown, Jennifer M.; Eichler, Leah; Garrett, Lynn; Hilts, Paul; Howell, Kevin; Kinsella, Bridget; Kiser, Karin N.; Maryles, Daisy; Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin; Rawlinson, Nora; Roback, Diane; Rosenblum, Trudi M.; Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on the 2000 BookExpo America show held by the American Booksellers Association in Chicago, Illinois from June 2-4, 2000. Electronic publishers at the show; African-American publishers at the conference; Religious and spiritual themes of the several events; Alliances between book...
- A full fall: The contenders. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;6/22/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 25, p50
Comments on books that publishers were pushing for the fall line up at the BookExpo America 1998. The popularity of Tom Wolfe's book `A Man in Full,' published by FSG; Predicted books that will have high sales in the fall of 1998; The focus on small presses; The emphasis on current sell-in,...
- ABA board announces changes, grants, promotions. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p110
Recounts decisions made at the February, 1998 meeting of the American Booksellers Association in New Orleans. Officer changes; Approval of grant; Nominating committee's slate; Endowment for ABFFE; Other decisions.
- BEA '98: Quiet, but on its way back. // Publishers Weekly;6/8/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 23, p10
Discusses the BookExpo America (BEA) that took place in Chicago from May 30-June1, 1998. Increased participation and greater attendance than past years; Quality of bookseller encounters, rather than quantity; A large amount of foreign publishers, agents, and scouts at the BEA; Huge...
- Found at the Fair. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;7/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p66
Discusses the BookExpo of 1997 and how it gives publishers an opportunity to talk about their books to many of the people who can hand sell them to readers.
- Back to business at BookExpo America. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 12, p20
Focuses on the annual BookExpo America held in Chicago, 1998. The expo as an opportunity for librarians to make deals; Publisher booths; Sessions covering many aspects of the book industry; Details of the event; Mention of famous authors who attended; Photographs.
- Hearst, St. Martin's both heading back to BEA. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p10
Discusses Hearst Book Group and St . Martin's Press joining major publishers to attend the 1998 BookExpo America (BEA) convention. Comments by Hearst spokesperson Jackie Deval and St. Martin's president of sales Alison Lazarus on their companies' future presence at BEA; Commitments by other...
- Foreigners back in force. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;6/22/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 25, p54
Comments on the international attendees of the 1998 BookExpo in Chicago, Illinois. Market-leaders from the world's major book-producing nations; Foreign publishers; Use of scouts by foreign publishers; Different countries that had booths.
- Large houses trim ABA show presence. Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;3/13/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the plans of major publishing houses to cut their presence at the American Booksellers Association's (ABA) 1995 trade show in Chicago, Illinois. Announcements made by publishers regarding smaller presence in the ABA show; Plans disclosed by Random House, Simon & Schuster,...