Books24x7 Expanding International Focus With New Chief Executive
- Book24x7 Taps Parkinson as New CEO. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;5/22/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 21, p28
Reports on the appointment of David F. Parkinson as president and chief executive of Books24x7.com, the Web-based reference resource for information technology professionals. Previous job of Parkinson; Remarks from Lawrence Finch, senior partner with the venture capital firm of Sigma Partners...
- Now strong in technology segment, Books 24x7 eyeing consumer market. // Book Publishing Report;01/10/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p5
Informs that Books24x7.com is looking to expand into other professional and consumer publishing areas. Subscription service that provides the text of intermediate to advanced computer books over the Web; Pursuance of a new round of financing.
- Books24x7 signs University of Toronto as first library client. // Book Publishing Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p7
Presents the University of Toronto as first library client of Massachusetts-based online subscription service Books24x7. Agreement of company with subscription management firm RoweCom Inc.; Details of the move to reach the library market; Prospective licensing agreements.
- Searching to recover firms' lost CEO-selection process. Wackerle, Frederick W. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p11
Comments on the chief executive officer (CEO) selection process of corporations in the United States. Failure of corporations to select the right replacement; Cause of the failure; Considerations in the selection of CEO.
- Lessons in CEO succession can be learned from politics. Drake, Rodman L. // NACD Directorship;Mar1997, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Offers corporate boards guidelines for choosing which chief executive officer (CEO) to appoint. Criteria for selection; Age as an important criteria for selection; Vision; Integrity; What employees look for in their CEO.
- Growing number of CEOs are coming from `without'. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/05/96, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p11
Focuses on the hiring of chief executive officers from outside of the company, rather that promoting from within. Scrutiny from stockholders and board of directors; Criteria selection; Comments from industry executives.
- Looking for a CEO? Look for early career signs of `leadership without portforlio.' Bruce, Harry J. // Directors & Boards;Winter97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p20
Comments on a decision to be made by the corporate board in companies, to select a chief executive officer (CEO) who will provide the company with the leadership it needs. What a CEO should display; What is leadership without portfolio; Examples of CEOs.
- Innova installs Vazquez. Tegel, Simeon // Daily Variety;5/6/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 47, p6
Reports the appointment of Cablevision chief executive officer (CEO) Pablo Vasquez as head of satcaster Innova in Mexico. Role of Vasquez in the operations of Sky Mexico; Impact of Cristobal Rugama's death on the career of the CEO.
- Central Oriental names Ferullo president. // Furniture/Today;01/15/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p78
Reports the appointment of Mark J. Ferullo as company president of Central Oriental. Replacement of company founder Peter Burnham; Career background; Appointment of Gerald Weaver as national sales manager; History of Central Oriental.