Documents Show NewStar On Edge Of Ruin--And How It Got There
- Losses Deepen at NewStar. // Publishers Weekly;9/20/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 38, p18
Looks at the decline in the publishing revenues at NewStar Media in the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Publishing revenues of the company in the same period in 1998; Where company officials attributed the decline; Sales of NewStar; Net loss posted; Alliance between NewStar and iSyndicate.com.
- Return To Profitability Unlikely As NewStar Files For Chapter 11. // Book Publishing Report;07/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
Reports the filing of NewStar Media Inc. for Chapter 11 relief at the United States Bankruptcy Court. Lack of funding to finance the audiobook publishing unit as reason for bankruptcy filing; Strategy of the company to regain profitability; Reason for resignation of employees; Percentage...
- Partnership half-year profits hit by Â£28m IPO costs. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/5/2013, p43
The article reports on the fall of pre-tax IFRS profits of Partnership by more than 50 per cent in the six months to June 30, 2013.
- In brief. // Estates Gazette;1/5/2002, Issue 201, p23
Presents news briefs on corporate profits and losses as of January 5, 2002. Details on the pretax loss of Wiggins; Decline in pretax profits of Artisan; Increase in pretax loss of Hampton Trust.
- Perspective swings to Â£500k profit. Sands, Mark // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/1/2015, p1
The article reports on the improved pre-profit posted by advice group Perspective which totaled Â£493,383 in 2014 after recording business loss in 2013.
- Cash Crunch Hits NewStar Media. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p10
Reports that NewStar Media is experiencing a severe working capital shortage as of April 2000. Action taken by the company to continue operations; Company's net loss and decrease in revenue in 1999; Increase in sales at its publishing division.
- The Information Content of Losses: Shareholder Liquidation Option and Earnings Reversals. Sin, Samantha; Watts, Edward // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Dec2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p327
Investigates the information content of losses using Australian data. Shareholder liquidation options; Earnings response coefficient; Earning reversals; Financial health.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Travel Agent;6/24/2002, Vol. 308 Issue 10, p96
Reports developments related to the tourist trade as of June 2002. Approval of the proposed Princess and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. merger by regulatory officials; Increase of the corporate profits of Carnival Corp.; Loss of the operating income of Club Mediterranee.
- 1998 profits plunge at Florida hospitals. // AHA News;03/08/99, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p7
Reports on the profits of Florida hospitals in 1998. Decrease in the net income in 1998; Numbers of hospitals that had net losses.